GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Judgement Day Views"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/05/03 at 09:18
Regular
Well, not too bad... but then, saying that, not too good either. There were two matches that I actually enjoyed, and most of the rest of them were cack.

WWE Championship
Brock Lesnar defeats Big Show:
A really boring match, as we've come to expect from Lesnar - Show encounters. Admittedly, Lesnar tried to liven the occasion with some risky manoeuvres, but ultimately, Show it just too big to pull off anything good. Lesnar wins by using a fork-lift truck to hoist the Big Show...

World Heavyweight Championship
Kevin Nash defeats Triple H (by DQ):
Argh! Another boring boring boring Triple H match that is capped off with him retaining his title due to the use of a sledgehammer. We know Vince wants Triple H to keep his title, but can they not have a little variation in the way he retains it?

Women's Championship
Jazz defeats Trish Stratus, Jacqueline and Victoria:
Well, Jazz and Jackie can definitely wrestle, but this match was, as I was expecting, rather guff.

Mr.America defeats Rowdy Roddy Piper:
No, Hogan, you're too old for this sort of thing.

WWE Tag Team Championship - Ladder Match
Eddie Guerrero and Tajiri defeats Team Angle:
Excellent! Although Chavo missed the match due to an injury, this still lived up to the hype and was easily the best match at Judgement Day. Team Angle were brilliant, even in losing, and Eddie's high-flying made Judgement Day the average PPV that it was. Without this match, I'd have fallen asleep.

Intercontinental Championship Battle Royal
Christian wins:
A fairly exciting match, and a good result in the end, with Christian finally getting some recognition. He deserves it. A fairly good match, and this was the other match I was talking about when I said there were a couple of matches that made Judgement Day bearable.

The F.B.I defeats John Cena, Chris Benoit and Spanky:
Tense match - good at times, rubbish at others. Benoit and Cena deserve a match of larger importance than this.

La Resistance defeats Scott Steiner and Test:
It had a little potential. Not a lot, but it could've produced a lot more than it did. Ultimately, boring.

Bikini Challenge
Torrie defeats Sable:
Erm... well... lesbos. Hmmmmmmm.

So, overall, an average PPV. Talent is being wasted, and Triple H continues to reign. I've seen better PPVs, but I've also seen worse.
Mon 19/05/03 at 09:18
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well, not too bad... but then, saying that, not too good either. There were two matches that I actually enjoyed, and most of the rest of them were cack.

WWE Championship
A really boring match, as we've come to expect from Lesnar - Show encounters. Admittedly, Lesnar tried to liven the occasion with some risky manoeuvres, but ultimately, Show it just too big to pull off anything good. Lesnar wins by using a fork-lift truck to hoist the Big Show...

Argh! Another boring boring boring Triple H match that is capped off with him retaining his title due to the use of a sledgehammer. We know Vince wants Triple H to keep his title, but can they not have a little variation in the way he retains it?

Women's Championship
Well, Jazz and Jackie can definitely wrestle, but this match was, as I was expecting, rather guff.

No, Hogan, you're too old for this sort of thing.

Excellent! Although Chavo missed the match due to an injury, this still lived up to the hype and was easily the best match at Judgement Day. Team Angle were brilliant, even in losing, and Eddie's high-flying made Judgement Day the average PPV that it was. Without this match, I'd have fallen asleep.

Christian wins:
A fairly exciting match, and a good result in the end, with Christian finally getting some recognition. He deserves it. A fairly good match, and this was the other match I was talking about when I said there were a couple of matches that made Judgement Day bearable.

Tense match - good at times, rubbish at others. Benoit and Cena deserve a match of larger importance than this.

It had a little potential. Not a lot, but it could've produced a lot more than it did. Ultimately, boring.

Bikini Challenge
Torrie defeats Sable:
Erm... well... lesbos. Hmmmmmmm.

So, overall, an average PPV. Talent is being wasted, and Triple H continues to reign. I've seen better PPVs, but I've also seen worse.
Mon 19/05/03 at 09:20
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Right, sorry about the F.B.I match.

F.B.I and John Cena defeats Rhyno, Chris Benoit and Spanky.

Well, I am tired, and I did stay up to watch the thing, so I've got a good reason for that mistake.

:-D
Mon 19/05/03 at 10:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Have to agree the ladder match was quite easily the best on the night. Nothing else really came close and Tajiri stepped up well to provide us with a very good display. Loved the ending with the green mist.

I'm not even going to bother to comment on the HHH match apart from the fact that i wish Kevin Nash could have done what he did to the Big Show back in WCW with his jacknife and broke that big nosed freaks neck and put him out of action for a year so we can actually have a different ruddy champion and a PPV that doesn't have a cheap match that ends with a sledgehammer shot. Why not just come out smack the ref with the hammer as soon as the bell rings and save us all some time. What's that now 8 months or something? Stupid and more importantly boring.

Have to disagree though about the Big Show v Lesnar match i did enjoy it which surprised me as not usually a fan of the Big Show, however i think with Lesnar they've got the only guy that can give Show an actually decent match seeing as he can lift him up easily. Loved the ending, a totally new and fresh way of ending it, very surprising. Hmmm i guess the WWE writers can come up with something new after all.

The women's match was as rubbish as i expected but least it didn't turn into a farce probably because Jackie and Jazz were in there who can actually wrestle.

The Battle Royale result annoyed me. Exactly why couldn't Pat Patterson get up and tell the ref what happened? I like Christian but would have preferred to see the strap on Booker. He needs to win something soon.

Piper v Hogan match was as slow and rubbish as i expected from 2 men who could have a heart attack at any minute in the ring. Who's going to come back next? Macho Man? Ultimate Warrior. Come on Vince you could have used this time decently like continuing the push of Cena and putting him in a match with Benoit instead of sticking them both in pointless match.

And the bikini contest, just one word - WOW. Sable still has it.

A decent PPV nothing special and once again HHH can't do the decent thing and drop the strap. I hate to say it but stick him in a match with Goldberg as i'm sure he'd lose it then.
Mon 19/05/03 at 12:15
Regular
My views on judgment day and their matches:

WWE Championship
This match was actually quite entertaining. Lesnar gave the match some needed momentum at times and the fork lift idea was great. All in all a good match to watch, I thought so.

This, I thought, was a pretty good match. A bit short, but I don't mind if Triple H is still the champ, he's a good wrestler and Kevin Nash hit the ref and he never got disqualified so there :p Kevnin Nash is a sore loser too, why did he have to do that to HHH, sore LOSER! Haha Nash got booed!!

Women's Championship
A crap match, Jazz wins, end of story. What do you mean Trish can't wrestle??? Poor Trish started bleeding :( Oh, and WAY too much screaming.

Oldies match, both Hogan and Piper are too old for this. It was pretty boring, sigh, Hogan just leave. That disabled kid offered a bit of variety though.

Not a bad match but it looked a bit stupid at times. Right at the start of the match Team Angle got the upper hand and started to climb the ladder, but they climbed sooo slow and it was obvious Eddie & Tajiri were gonna win. Still a good match though.

Christian wins:
A good match I guess. Booker T shouldn't have even been there, but I would have prefered if Jericho won it. Good match, saw the return of Val Venis.

It was an alright match. Benoit shouldn't have had this match, too low class for him, oh well, it's a good boost for Spanky!

Just like AJ said, ultimately boring.

Bikini Challenge
Torrie defeats Sable:
WOW, the match was great and Sable is still hot. And what's with that oil? OOOO it feels sooo good, WTF?

In the end Judgment day wasn't that bad, There have been better PPV's but this one was at least watchable with some enjoyable matches.
Mon 19/05/03 at 14:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Lipe wrote:
What do you mean Trish can't
> wrestle??? Poor Trish started bleeding :(

You only have to look as far back as last week's RAW to see why she can't wrestle. Almost every match she's in a spot gets blown somewhere and the match ends up looking like a car wreck. Plus i think she was in THAT match with Jackie Gayda which in my opinion has to be the worst 'wrestling' match ever in the history of RAW. She pulls off some nice moves but a good wrestler are not words i'd use to describe her.

Bring back Medusa and Vince, sign some women who can actually wrestle if you must insist on giving us a womens match every week on RAW or at least push those who can i.e Molly Holly, Jackie and Ivory
Mon 19/05/03 at 14:57
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Quick rundown from me here. (no pun intended)

Brock V Show

I actually felt that Lesnar tried in this one but the Big Show is just so brutally bad that not many wrestlers can get a decent match out of him. It wasn't good. It was predictable that Lesnar was going to defend.

Women's title

Few good spots but it was pure filler. The women need more time to prove themselves in the ring but they will never get it.

HHH V Nash for the HHH World title

This was, without a doubt, the worst match and worst result of the night BY FAR! The best bit was when Nash powerbombed HHH through the table because it looked nasty on HHH's neck. Good job too.

Battle Royal for Intercon

They zipped right along to the final four which annoyed me. The final four was good fun and Christian throwing Jericho over was funny. Booker needs the big title because I think his fan support might start disappearing if they surpress him for much longer. Christian deserves the Inter though. Hopefully they won't ruin it.

Bikini Contest

Seen it all before. Vince is a dirty old man.

Tag Ladder

Best match of the night but I couldn't help feeling that Team Angle made this match suffer slightly. You could tell that this was their first ladder match as they looked a little green. Some nice spots.

The Frenchies V Test and Jobber

Do you remember when Steiner was brought in to help save the company? HA HA HA! He has become the latest jobber! It may be for storyline purposes but it still makes me laugh. It wasn't a good match.

6 man tag

Oh please! Benoit is far too good for this. Rhyno didn't even tag in! Cena is funny but I feel that he needs to wrestle a little less or the image he is creating might get shot down when he has the inevitable bad match. I was disappointed, that's all I can say about this one.

I think that's all of them. IF I missed something out, it's because it made little impression on me. I felt that although the matches were fairly slow, I thought they were rushed and the time wasn't given to wrestling. Austin was his usual comical self and I enjoyed that but it pains me to see how far this company has descended into mediocrity.

Feel free to tear my arguments apart if you wish. These are my opinions but I'm more than willing to discuss things in a civilised manner.
Mon 19/05/03 at 15:51
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> Lipe wrote:
> What do you mean Trish can't

Almost every match she's in a spot gets blown somewhere
and the match ends up looking like a car wreck

That sentence doesn't make sense...
Mon 19/05/03 at 17:32
Regular
"One More Chance"
What happened in the Bikini match? I'll probably watch the repeat this week, sounds like an average PPV.
Mon 19/05/03 at 22:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Lipe wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> Lipe wrote:
> What do you mean Trish can't
>
> Almost every match she's in a spot gets blown somewhere
> and the match ends up looking like a car wreck
>
>
> That sentence doesn't make sense...

*sighs* i meant that almost every match Trish is in there's a horrible mistake somewhere i.e On Raw last week Victoria went for a trash can lid shot but stopped it halfway through yet Trish still went down as if she'd been hit. Then as soon as the mistake happens the match usually just degenerates into a bigger farce and you start hearing the fans boo at the poor display. Biggest example being the Jackie Gayda match with Trish. That was just plain horrible
Mon 19/05/03 at 23:07
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Random Hero wrote:
> What happened in the Bikini match?

Not much. It was your standard bikini contest. Sable went first, Torrie went second. The crowd were pretty even. Torrie then showed an even smaller bikini and she was declared the winner. Torrie then 'kissed' Sable for about 2 seconds on the lips. Kiss is probably too strong a word. It was nothing really.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.