GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"www. or not www."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/05/03 at 14:54
Regular
A got a www.xxx.co.uk from Freeola. Normally, I can skip the www. and just key in xxx.co.uk, I can reach my site, but now I got an error page from Freeola, can somebody explain to me please.

One more question: why some websites don't need www? (like those free web space sites)You can only key in http://xxx.xxx.com (not http://www.xxx.xxx.com)
Mon 19/05/03 at 14:50
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
From what the freeola-mod said, no you won't loose what you have uploaded to your Web Space.

But, if it makes you feel better about it, firstly create a Freeola classemail Address, which will also create a domain name for it. So when you do unhost your Domain, you'll still have an address to goto to view the site.

You'll need to download E-mail first though, as when you re-create E-mail Accounts, you may be given different ID's, therefor any E-mail you don't download before will be hidden somewhere within your account.

So:
Download All E-mails.
Unhost.
Re-host.
Wait 24 hours.
Re-create E-mail Accounts.
Update your Outlook to reflect the new sr0123456-ID's for the account.
Mon 19/05/03 at 21:43
Regular
"hockeyphotos.com"
phi11ip wrote:
> It seems that with Freeola you have to put the www. at the beginning.
> It doesn't work for me either.

I guess it depends on who they have figured the virtual domains in the webserver's configuration file.

Chris.
Mon 19/05/03 at 23:57
Regular
Many thanks cjh, after I did the un-host & re-host; www or not, I can access to my site without problem. Cheers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.