GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SHUT UP! *Kicks*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/05/03 at 01:04
Regular
How the hell do you turn off the volume for your modem?
I've gone into Modem properties etc, and put the little tab from On to Off. It still sings whe I connect.
I'm on XP if that helps.
I've done it many a time before, but it just won't shut up this time.
Danke.
Sat 31/05/03 at 11:56
Regular
Chemical Ali wrote:
> That's all very well, and it will most definitely work. But it's not
> much use if you like/need to hear the modem handshaking at the start
> of the call.

Hi,

Your modem misdial? I seriously have never heard of that, maybe you should check to see if you have a virus?
Sat 31/05/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Wobble"
Agent Bob wrote:
> Your modem misdial? I seriously have never heard of that, maybe you
> should check to see if you have a virus?

I can assure you I don't.

I'm fairly certain that the mis-dials - rare as they are - are caused by the phone system and not the modem. In just the same way that you occasionally dial a number stored on a house phone and get through to someone you don't know on a wrong number.

It only takes a bit of noise on the line while dialling for a tone to be mis-interpreted.
Sat 31/05/03 at 15:24
Regular
Chemical Ali wrote:
> It only takes a bit of noise on the line while dialling for a tone to
> be mis-interpreted.

Hi,

Wow, for that to happen is pretty much ultra rare, do you live in the country or something? maybe you should check the wiring in your house too, I remember that some of the phone lines in UK houses are alomst 40 years old now.
Sat 31/05/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Wobble"
I live on an estate built in the early 70s, but I have recently-installed digital cable for TV, broadband and telephone services.

So I don't think age is an issue! :-) It's just one of those things that happens occasionally. No service is perfect all of the time.
Sat 31/05/03 at 16:16
Regular
Hi,

Yeah, but even so its pretty weird for itto happen these days. I have never had the problem, but then again the sun shines where ever I walk lol.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.