GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guitar"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/05/03 at 18:59
Regular
Ok, I've been learning the guitar since christmas. My guitar tutor is alright, but i've decided to give him up and teach myself. Reason being, he's teaching me all music from the 50 and 60's, stuff my parent's would be into. I find it quite tedious, i'd rather be learning some Chili's or Mettalica, music at todays standereds.

I've learnt quite a few chords, all the basics I guess.

So, I know quite a few people on these forums are guitar players, and I was wondering if you could reccomend me any "tutorial" books, stuff to learn off myself.

Good tab sites? mxtabs.com is forever down, is there any other reasnobly good ones?

Thanks.
Sun 18/05/03 at 10:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Dammit, I meant www.renegaeolga.com - OnLineGuitarArchive.
Sun 18/05/03 at 10:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
www.renegadeolda.com

Haven't been there for a while, but it used to be pretty good.
Sun 18/05/03 at 00:07
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
www.tabtalk.com

www.ultimate-guitar.com

Those two sites are really good. You should be well on your way if you've learnt the basics, you don't really need a tutor to be honest. My friend was gonna teach me, but he showed me the chords to Wonderwall and that was it, we just couldn't be bothered. But I've been playing nearly a year, self teaching and things are going good.

You'll find you improve a lot, then stop improving for a while, then improve again. It's just requires lots of practice and patience. The last thing you want to do though is leave the guitar sitting in the corner for more than a week, because you most likely won't pick it up again.
Sat 17/05/03 at 22:20
Regular
We've tried, but some people are charging around £15!!
Sat 17/05/03 at 22:14
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
gamezfreak wrote:
and thats the music he likes...

But you're paying him! I'd get rid of him pronto. Okay he may be teaching you some valuable lessons but if it's not what you wanna play then it's not what you wanna play. How about finding someone else who is willing to teach you the stuff that you like?
Sat 17/05/03 at 20:52
Regular
El Blokey wrote:
> Have you tried actually asking the guitar teacher if you could learn
> more contemporary music?

Yes, he said he has a strict teaching plan, and thats the music he likes...
Sat 17/05/03 at 09:20
Regular
"Yours or Mine"
Good Question
Sat 17/05/03 at 09:14
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Have you tried actually asking the guitar teacher if you could learn more contemporary music?

Most tutors start with older stuff as usually it has better guitar riffs.
Fri 16/05/03 at 21:06
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Try fan sites of bands that you like, good ones usually have some pretty good tabs.
Fri 16/05/03 at 18:59
Regular
Ok, I've been learning the guitar since christmas. My guitar tutor is alright, but i've decided to give him up and teach myself. Reason being, he's teaching me all music from the 50 and 60's, stuff my parent's would be into. I find it quite tedious, i'd rather be learning some Chili's or Mettalica, music at todays standereds.

I've learnt quite a few chords, all the basics I guess.

So, I know quite a few people on these forums are guitar players, and I was wondering if you could reccomend me any "tutorial" books, stuff to learn off myself.

Good tab sites? mxtabs.com is forever down, is there any other reasnobly good ones?

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.