GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blatant Gameaday Day Attempt 3: That's right, I'm getting greedy!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/02/01 at 18:14
Regular
That’s right. I’ve won 2 games from those generous people at SR (saved £70 worth) and you know what? Every time I post a longish message, I look on the Gameaday winners list the next day and feel disappointed that I don’t win. It’s as if I expect to win. Sometimes I’m even annoyed that someone else has won instead and now it’s struck me.

I’m being incredibly greedy!

I’m still having great fun on WWF No Mercy and Pokemon Gold. I don’t need another game. If I did, I have enough money to buy one. I’ve won 2 games already but I still find myself annoyed that I didn’t win.

I’m not the only one either. I can almost guarantee that everyone else does too. Some people just feel annoyed, others even go on to complain. And it’s not just the idiots who complain.

I complained once. Grix has complained before (when he hadn’t even received the last game he won yet!) that people that win and never return win more than loyal regulars. Sniper complained a bit at one point, the other Dan has and I’ve no doubt that EVERYONE has complained or has at least felt like complaining. Then people always kick up a fuss accusing everyone of cheating etc. There’s just no need for it.

People just don’t seem to get it. Gameaday isn’t a right. It’s not a case of who did best in YOUR opinion. It’s the opinion of those nice people at SR who give us the prizes.

Sure it’s nice to get a new game but if it’s that important to you then instead of moaning at Ali/Tony then go out and BUY IT. Which is exactly what you’d have to do if they weren’t nicely giving out a NEW game EVERY day.

Shortly after Grix complained, he forgot about Gameaday, got back to normal business and went on to win 3 more games with well deserved posts.
In the end he chose a game that won’t come out until March, donated another to charity and for the third one chose a GameCube game (not out for a year and a half!).

So it turns out that he didn’t need that much them after all (sorry for making an example out of you Grix but the people have to be shown that no one is perfect!).

It comes down to one thing, we’re ALL greedy! SR offer us a game as a gift and we start demanding it as a right!

And what’s more, nothing is going to change. Some people will still moan and groan at SR and I’ll still log in tomorrow night, disappointed that this post didn’t win a game!
Thu 01/02/01 at 18:14
Regular
That’s right. I’ve won 2 games from those generous people at SR (saved £70 worth) and you know what? Every time I post a longish message, I look on the Gameaday winners list the next day and feel disappointed that I don’t win. It’s as if I expect to win. Sometimes I’m even annoyed that someone else has won instead and now it’s struck me.

I’m being incredibly greedy!

I’m still having great fun on WWF No Mercy and Pokemon Gold. I don’t need another game. If I did, I have enough money to buy one. I’ve won 2 games already but I still find myself annoyed that I didn’t win.

I’m not the only one either. I can almost guarantee that everyone else does too. Some people just feel annoyed, others even go on to complain. And it’s not just the idiots who complain.

I complained once. Grix has complained before (when he hadn’t even received the last game he won yet!) that people that win and never return win more than loyal regulars. Sniper complained a bit at one point, the other Dan has and I’ve no doubt that EVERYONE has complained or has at least felt like complaining. Then people always kick up a fuss accusing everyone of cheating etc. There’s just no need for it.

People just don’t seem to get it. Gameaday isn’t a right. It’s not a case of who did best in YOUR opinion. It’s the opinion of those nice people at SR who give us the prizes.

Sure it’s nice to get a new game but if it’s that important to you then instead of moaning at Ali/Tony then go out and BUY IT. Which is exactly what you’d have to do if they weren’t nicely giving out a NEW game EVERY day.

Shortly after Grix complained, he forgot about Gameaday, got back to normal business and went on to win 3 more games with well deserved posts.
In the end he chose a game that won’t come out until March, donated another to charity and for the third one chose a GameCube game (not out for a year and a half!).

So it turns out that he didn’t need that much them after all (sorry for making an example out of you Grix but the people have to be shown that no one is perfect!).

It comes down to one thing, we’re ALL greedy! SR offer us a game as a gift and we start demanding it as a right!

And what’s more, nothing is going to change. Some people will still moan and groan at SR and I’ll still log in tomorrow night, disappointed that this post didn’t win a game!
Thu 01/02/01 at 18:29
Regular
I almost started a union when I was the member who had been on the longest and had never won!

I had been a member for 6 months at the time (the board has changed loads since I joined) and I found that so many NEW members were winning and that those loyal to SR had never been chosen as the winner!

But now I have won 4 times and I am quite happy!

But this doesn't mean I don't get disappointed when I find out I haven't won again!

I posted almost hatemail all over this board about the way loyal members were being treated!

I took it all back when in my 7th month (I think it was) I won!

The next time I won I was on work experience and it was all quiet in the office, I decided to use their web access to see if I'd one and I suddenly shouted (In a Homer Simpson voice) "WAHOO!" and almost jumpd out my seat!

They all stared at me so I originally said that I'd just finished a long piece of work! I chose my game in my lunch hour!

The next time I won was 1st December and I was so happy cos I chose Pokémon Gold which I didn't want to save up for cos there are so many games I want to buy!

Then I won early this week and it took me ages to think of a game to choose!

By the way webmaster/Ali if you're reading can you check you're email cos you should have my choice! I've sent two emails cos the list hasn't been updated! Thanks!

Now I'm gonna keep trying and hopefully win again!

My IT teacher wants to try it now! She was asking me the site address so I gave it to her with instructions on how to use the site!

I hope she wins (It may boost my grades :) cos I told her about the site)
Thu 01/02/01 at 18:35
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Nw see... this was kinda what I was trying to say before... although I'm not sure it made sense when I did it! :)
Thu 01/02/01 at 18:40
Regular
Sometimes you expect to win so many times, i can't believe how many times some people have won and i even though i write good stuff don't has as much.
Yes i've moaned, when you have an eye on a game you can't forget about it either.
Thu 01/02/01 at 18:41
Regular
*Best Duke Nukem impression*

Hell, I'm not perfect baby, but damn, am I close.

;D

Thu 01/02/01 at 18:43
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
MAybe they should have UKIllegaDrugsaday...

I'll take an ounze of skunk please...
Thu 01/02/01 at 18:45
Regular
You chose Pokemon Gold???

Now you'll have to wait 2 months for the game instead of buying it instantly on import (US game work perfectly with UK gameboys)!

What were you thinking???
Thu 01/02/01 at 18:47
Regular
That was too Edgy by the way...

... oh, I can guarantee that Pokemon Gold will be worth the wait.
Thu 01/02/01 at 18:49
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Aye... Pokemon gold... starts of with a little deja vu from the Red BLue versions... but is loads of fun to play...
Thu 01/02/01 at 18:52
Regular
I can't really play it after Diablo 2.

"WHY CAN'T I EQUIP MORE ARMOUR!!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.