GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blatant Gameaday Day Attempt 3: That's right, I'm getting greedy!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/02/01 at 18:14
Regular
That’s right. I’ve won 2 games from those generous people at SR (saved £70 worth) and you know what? Every time I post a longish message, I look on the Gameaday winners list the next day and feel disappointed that I don’t win. It’s as if I expect to win. Sometimes I’m even annoyed that someone else has won instead and now it’s struck me.

I’m being incredibly greedy!

I’m still having great fun on WWF No Mercy and Pokemon Gold. I don’t need another game. If I did, I have enough money to buy one. I’ve won 2 games already but I still find myself annoyed that I didn’t win.

I’m not the only one either. I can almost guarantee that everyone else does too. Some people just feel annoyed, others even go on to complain. And it’s not just the idiots who complain.

I complained once. Grix has complained before (when he hadn’t even received the last game he won yet!) that people that win and never return win more than loyal regulars. Sniper complained a bit at one point, the other Dan has and I’ve no doubt that EVERYONE has complained or has at least felt like complaining. Then people always kick up a fuss accusing everyone of cheating etc. There’s just no need for it.

People just don’t seem to get it. Gameaday isn’t a right. It’s not a case of who did best in YOUR opinion. It’s the opinion of those nice people at SR who give us the prizes.

Sure it’s nice to get a new game but if it’s that important to you then instead of moaning at Ali/Tony then go out and BUY IT. Which is exactly what you’d have to do if they weren’t nicely giving out a NEW game EVERY day.

Shortly after Grix complained, he forgot about Gameaday, got back to normal business and went on to win 3 more games with well deserved posts.
In the end he chose a game that won’t come out until March, donated another to charity and for the third one chose a GameCube game (not out for a year and a half!).

So it turns out that he didn’t need that much them after all (sorry for making an example out of you Grix but the people have to be shown that no one is perfect!).

It comes down to one thing, we’re ALL greedy! SR offer us a game as a gift and we start demanding it as a right!

And what’s more, nothing is going to change. Some people will still moan and groan at SR and I’ll still log in tomorrow night, disappointed that this post didn’t win a game!
Wed 11/02/09 at 19:31
Regular
What do you think about EPDM Roofing systems I have seen good and bad most distributors will now sell to diy what are other roofers views
Sat 03/02/01 at 21:25
Thats all very well edgy, you may not have won in 7 months,

but I haven't won. ever. And I've been joined up for over a year under three names (I've updated my aliases due to my nickname changing)

In my veiw I have written some really good pieces and none of them have won. ever.

Just be thankful that you HAVE won
Fri 02/02/01 at 22:13
Regular
Yeah and i moan so much. :(
Fri 02/02/01 at 22:06
Regular
er-no wrote:
> Can you get Pokemon Gold from SR already?? It aint out here?
Can
> you choose that?

I didn;t win it (by the way, it's Dan_UK not Dan_2K1)

My aunt lives in US and sent as a Christams present.

Which was nice...
Thu 01/02/01 at 23:12
Regular
sainsbury's cant be as bad as morrsions....i've worked there for 15 months and it is hell! still i need the cash
Thu 01/02/01 at 23:02
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Seeing as we are all complaining, well I hope we are anyway.

This is a formal complaint, why the hell do Sainsbury's have crap staff? I have worked there since Aug-00 and already I have had enough!

Anyway, it is about time I won gameaday too, I haven't won for ages....well just over a month but all my posts are good, except the ones blasting the PS fans but even they are good in their own way!

I hope I win this Vauxhall Mag Dreamcast, I can get a £150 deal with Shenmue free but I am biding my ime yet, seeing if I have won....plus they have a load of MSR's to be won and so I might be able to get one of them.

Anyhoo, I have got a ship load of coursework to do for last week so I had better go....

The Game
Thu 01/02/01 at 22:04
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I've been playing Pokemon Silver and Gold from downloaded ROMS 'n' GB emulators....
Thu 01/02/01 at 22:04
Regular
Nope maybe he got it on import :)
Thu 01/02/01 at 22:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
I didn't think you could choose that game because it has not been released here yet and Dan2k1 says he is enjoying playing it?

Can I get it?

Do you reckon I should choose Conkers Bad Fur Day?
Thu 01/02/01 at 21:55
Regular
Course you can what does it say?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.