GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Reviews - Please read before posting"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/10/06 at 18:36
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Welcome to the review forum, please take a few moments to read this before contributing content.

When posting your review, it's a good idea that you put what group/format the review comes under.

For example:

[b][FILM][/b] War of the Worlds
[b][GAME][/b] Halo 2
[b][GAME - DLC][/b] RDR - Legends of the West

It will make the forum easier to navigate through, less confusing and even nicer to look at perhaps, especially when there are many reviews.

The other groups, which are probably best to use as everyone will be able to tell exactly what the review is about, are listed below. Obviously if you write a review that doesn't fall under these categories feel free to add it:

Game, Movie (including Films, DVDs & Cinemas), Gadget (MP3 players and Satnavs etc.), Electronics (TVs, DVD players, etc), Software, Book, Music, PC Periperhals and Website.

[b]Remember:[/b] If you post a review that isn't your own work please follow these rules, otherwise you will be plagerising, which is strongly frowned upon.

- DO NOT under any circumstances, use content that you do not have express and direct permission from the original owner to use. If you get permission from the original owner, you must credit the owner and state that you have their permission.

- If the content states that anyone may use the information, then feel free to post, but make sure you abide by the owners requests, and credit the owner regardless.

Final thing to say is that we want to have as many reviews as possible here, so don't be afraid to have a go, who knows you may even win a prize for it, courtesy of Freeola's [link=http://freeola.com/gameaday/][b]Gaming and Design Award[/b][/link]!

If you're having any trouble starting a review, or you simply don't know what to include in it, check out the 'Latest Winners' list to view some of the content that has won a Gaming and Design Award in the past.

I think that's everything that needs to be said, so thanks to Freeola for setting this up for us. Enjoy. :)
Mon 30/10/06 at 17:47
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
*Shrugs*
I take stuff like this seriously for some reason. I don't really know why, its not a big deal.
Mon 30/10/06 at 15:45
Regular
"Mooching around"
Bit of a perfectionist, Snake.
Thu 26/10/06 at 15:10
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
What I'm saying is, we should have one sticky thread, "Review chat" or something, and only reviews all the way down. I would delete the thread below, but I can't, and now I'm wondering if Machie can.
Tue 24/10/06 at 15:18
Regular
"Mooching around"
I'm not sure I understand you Snake.
Mon 23/10/06 at 18:49
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
You see, I think everybody would like to keep this forum clean, without any other threads, just reviews and this one.
I think the name should be redone, more along the lines of "Review chat", or something.

But, I can't delete threads, so I can't really help to clean this place.
Can Macie delete threads, or what?
Sat 14/10/06 at 10:08
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Artpad

Broken again......
Fri 13/10/06 at 09:47
"possibly impossible"
Absolute power corrupts, remember and Freeola don't want you to turn evil...

:D
Thu 12/10/06 at 22:10
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
One thing, I know this sounds a bit dumb, but is there anything apart from editing post and putting stickys up that we can do? Transfer a thread to another forum perhaps?
Thu 12/10/06 at 18:36
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Welcome to the review forum, please take a few moments to read this before contributing content.

When posting your review, it's a good idea that you put what group/format the review comes under.

For example:

[b][FILM][/b] War of the Worlds
[b][GAME][/b] Halo 2
[b][GAME - DLC][/b] RDR - Legends of the West

It will make the forum easier to navigate through, less confusing and even nicer to look at perhaps, especially when there are many reviews.

The other groups, which are probably best to use as everyone will be able to tell exactly what the review is about, are listed below. Obviously if you write a review that doesn't fall under these categories feel free to add it:

Game, Movie (including Films, DVDs & Cinemas), Gadget (MP3 players and Satnavs etc.), Electronics (TVs, DVD players, etc), Software, Book, Music, PC Periperhals and Website.

[b]Remember:[/b] If you post a review that isn't your own work please follow these rules, otherwise you will be plagerising, which is strongly frowned upon.

- DO NOT under any circumstances, use content that you do not have express and direct permission from the original owner to use. If you get permission from the original owner, you must credit the owner and state that you have their permission.

- If the content states that anyone may use the information, then feel free to post, but make sure you abide by the owners requests, and credit the owner regardless.

Final thing to say is that we want to have as many reviews as possible here, so don't be afraid to have a go, who knows you may even win a prize for it, courtesy of Freeola's [link=http://freeola.com/gameaday/][b]Gaming and Design Award[/b][/link]!

If you're having any trouble starting a review, or you simply don't know what to include in it, check out the 'Latest Winners' list to view some of the content that has won a Gaming and Design Award in the past.

I think that's everything that needs to be said, so thanks to Freeola for setting this up for us. Enjoy. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.