GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Reviews - Please read before posting"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/10/06 at 18:36
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Welcome to the review forum, please take a few moments to read this before contributing content.

When posting your review, it's a good idea that you put what group/format the review comes under.

For example:

[b][FILM][/b] War of the Worlds
[b][GAME][/b] Halo 2
[b][GAME - DLC][/b] RDR - Legends of the West

It will make the forum easier to navigate through, less confusing and even nicer to look at perhaps, especially when there are many reviews.

The other groups, which are probably best to use as everyone will be able to tell exactly what the review is about, are listed below. Obviously if you write a review that doesn't fall under these categories feel free to add it:

Game, Movie (including Films, DVDs & Cinemas), Gadget (MP3 players and Satnavs etc.), Electronics (TVs, DVD players, etc), Software, Book, Music, PC Periperhals and Website.

[b]Remember:[/b] If you post a review that isn't your own work please follow these rules, otherwise you will be plagerising, which is strongly frowned upon.

- DO NOT under any circumstances, use content that you do not have express and direct permission from the original owner to use. If you get permission from the original owner, you must credit the owner and state that you have their permission.

- If the content states that anyone may use the information, then feel free to post, but make sure you abide by the owners requests, and credit the owner regardless.

Final thing to say is that we want to have as many reviews as possible here, so don't be afraid to have a go, who knows you may even win a prize for it, courtesy of Freeola's [link=http://freeola.com/gameaday/][b]Gaming and Design Award[/b][/link]!

If you're having any trouble starting a review, or you simply don't know what to include in it, check out the 'Latest Winners' list to view some of the content that has won a Gaming and Design Award in the past.

I think that's everything that needs to be said, so thanks to Freeola for setting this up for us. Enjoy. :)
Thu 21/07/11 at 13:36
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Hello!

This may be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway.

I've seen people use quotes before in reviews, so I know that's acceptable. Just wandering about the whole copyright thing, as mentioned in the thread. Do we have to reference quotes, and if so- how?

Once again, sorry for asking. Don't want to get into trouble...
Sat 04/12/10 at 00:24
"Sonic Rocks!!!!!!!!"
I think that it would a lot better if freeola was older, because it has occurred to me that every other gaming website has much more content than freeola. Also, who would be so big of a loser that they would have to copy an entire review? That was my reply.
Fri 05/11/10 at 17:34
Regular
"awsome"
i agree!!!!!!!!!!
Tue 21/09/10 at 18:29
Regular
"How Ironic"
Done.

Sorry Hmmm, I did see your post, I just forgot to remove it. A reminder is always helpful ;D
Tue 21/09/10 at 17:38
"Are you sure?"
santhomos wrote:
> thank for your informations and details from freeola gaming you
> can get my profile on http://www.win*nothing*...

Any chance of a Mod in this forum or Staffie removing the link in this post?

I mentioned it in the recent discussions within the Review forum but guess it was missed...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 07/09/10 at 18:05
Regular
"How Ironic"
Been too many irrelevant posts in this review forum for my liking. Will start taking names soon... ;D
Tue 07/09/10 at 13:35
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Ta muchly! I'm sure I usually forget out the [Game] bit!
Tue 07/09/10 at 09:26
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Want to point out the rules on this thread to ALL users who post reviews. One of them specifically is nearly always forgotten :)
Fri 24/10/08 at 18:46
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Nice to see this back. Cheers Freeola! :)
Fri 25/05/07 at 14:28
Regular
Oh excellent that'll be a good trip. And some game reviews? Nice ;) I suppose you do what pb and Kawada do and gradually write them over a few days. Just make sure to finish them ^^ I still have a big Singapore review somewhere on my desktop. I started it months ago heh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.