GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No sound"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 23:22
Regular
Argh! Currently, I have no sound emanating rom my speakers. When I turn them on, I can hear a buzzing sound, but when I use WMP, RP or other such programs no sound coms out at all. It's also the same for booting up- I get no windows chiming sound that plays when you boot up your PC>

What the hell is going on? I'm running windows 98SE (Upgrading to XP in a matter of days- would this solve the problem? I've tried everything- volume control is not set on mute, adjusted the controls etc.

Please help if you can.

cheers.
Thu 08/05/03 at 07:24
Regular
Look? Remember! :c)
Thu 08/05/03 at 07:03
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Soundcard isn't the problem.

Cheers DW! Go look! :D
Thu 08/05/03 at 06:49
Regular
No...no...

I'm pretty sure I didn't do that when my sound stopped working. You're have the exact same problems as I did. But, the problem is, I can't remember what I did.

Maybe you should just wait until you upgrade to XP. In the mean time, I'll remember what I did. Or someone else will remember what I did.

Yes...
Thu 08/05/03 at 01:14
Regular
Also u may need to install the drivers for your onboard sound or soundcard.
Thu 08/05/03 at 01:13
Regular
U using onboard sound?
If so u might need to get a soundcard.. or if its a soundcard replace it perhaps but look into it first before splashing the cash.
If you have onboard sound go enable it in your BIOS.
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
There were so many typos in that, I'm not even going to bother correcting them all.
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Argh! Currently, I have no sound emanating rom my speakers. When I turn them on, I can hear a buzzing sound, but when I use WMP, RP or other such programs no sound coms out at all. It's also the same for booting up- I get no windows chiming sound that plays when you boot up your PC>

What the hell is going on? I'm running windows 98SE (Upgrading to XP in a matter of days- would this solve the problem? I've tried everything- volume control is not set on mute, adjusted the controls etc.

Please help if you can.

cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.