GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No sound"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 23:22
Regular
Argh! Currently, I have no sound emanating rom my speakers. When I turn them on, I can hear a buzzing sound, but when I use WMP, RP or other such programs no sound coms out at all. It's also the same for booting up- I get no windows chiming sound that plays when you boot up your PC>

What the hell is going on? I'm running windows 98SE (Upgrading to XP in a matter of days- would this solve the problem? I've tried everything- volume control is not set on mute, adjusted the controls etc.

Please help if you can.

cheers.
Sat 10/05/03 at 10:16
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Microchips wrote:
> §niper wrote:
> Lol you made it harder than it was :D
>
>
> Tell me about it. Two days of various settings, chnages to system
> etc. At least I didn't go the whole way and start reinstalling sound
> cards! :D

Hey! :D
Thu 08/05/03 at 20:57
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
§niper wrote:
> Lol you made it harder than it was :D

Tell me about it. Two days of various settings, chnages to system etc. At least I didn't go the whole way and start reinstalling sound cards! :D
Thu 08/05/03 at 20:35
Regular
ajg wrote:
> Erm.. a 'friend' of mine did that

Sure it wasn't you? ;c)

That would be soooooooo embarrassing.
Thu 08/05/03 at 19:52
Regular
Lol you made it harder than it was :D
Thu 08/05/03 at 19:16
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
§niper wrote:
> Nice one something as simple as that right in front of you....

Something so simple, such as removing my Mahoosive comp from the desk, fiddling around with the back, realising what the problem is, then moving the whole thing back.

Joy.
Thu 08/05/03 at 18:28
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I had exactly the same problem with mine a few weeks ago. No sound at all, and naturally I suspected the most complicated problem as usual, so I reinstalled the sound card, which didn't work, and then I just punched the speaker with the plug in teh back and it started playing again, except it was really crap, so I fiddled with ti properly without the punch and it worked again!
Thu 08/05/03 at 18:27
Regular
Nice one something as simple as that right in front of you....
Thu 08/05/03 at 17:30
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Fixed! Wooo! Somehow the speaker cable had come loose from the PC..

But anyway- Yay!

Thanks for the help though.
Thu 08/05/03 at 11:41
Regular
Maybe that aswell...
Thu 08/05/03 at 10:41
Regular
""
Stating the obvious, are you sure you've plugged the speakers into the speaker jack, rather than the mic jack for example?

Erm.. a 'friend' of mine did that, and no matter how many times i, i mean they... reinstalled the soundcard and drivers nothing made any differece. Still no sound. Then 'they' plugged the speakers into the right socket.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.