GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Windows / MSN Messenger"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 19:02
Regular
Is there a difference with the two, or are they just the same program with different names?

The problem I am having with both is that neither will allow me to send files, yet receives them fine.

I can't find any options which state "Allow sending of files" and I can't find any option in Norton Firewall which would not allow the to be done, so does anyone know of any other possibilities as to why I can't send files??

To note, I can send them via ICQ, so it can't be a firewall/PC problem. but as I use MSN a lot more, I'd prefer the send file feature to eb active ...

Thanks to anyone for any details.
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:59
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
cjh wrote:
> Did you refer to the IP Address your ISP asigns you, or somethine
> else?

Actually I meant one assigned to your TCP stack bound to a network card or the like, it (should) only apply on the LAN you would be on, but it seems to get in the way of my MSN's file sharing, but since yours works OK now, it doesn't really matter :)
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:33
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
It works ...

I can send again :)

Thanks all, and to you Darkus for the tips below (badly spelt that they were)
Fri 09/05/03 at 14:17
Regular
msn messenger is better by far.
Fri 09/05/03 at 13:33
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I managed to make out what you were trying to say.

So, I have to un-install Windows XP, and turn of the firewall in MSN Messenger???

:)
Fri 09/05/03 at 09:50
Regular
"..."
we sooo need a spell checker on here :)
Fri 09/05/03 at 09:49
Regular
"..."
I had exactly the same problem. But i also had MSn and windows messenegr fighting each other for control! For a start I uninstalled Windows messenger. You dont need them both, and MSN is more up to date.

To see how to uninstall look here: http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/tune-05.html

I also have to turn off Win XPs built in firewall to send or recieve files...(control panel/etwork connections/ right click on your connection/ "protect my computer...blah") But i aso have zone alarm forewall too, which is happy to let files go through msn :)
Thu 08/05/03 at 19:50
Regular
"It's been a while.."
what is a whiteboard its always there i just never know what it is?
Thu 08/05/03 at 19:47
I think with Windows messenger you can start a white board, but it never works for me.
Thu 08/05/03 at 19:46
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I know.
Thu 08/05/03 at 19:39
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well MSIMN is Outlook Express, heh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.