GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are Arsenal able to compete with Man U?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 18:34
Regular
I myself am an Arsenal fan, but can we realistcly compete with Manchester United?
As it stands Arsenal are in £40m debt, whilst building a £400m new staduim.
If Arsenal don't win something next season their debt could shoot up.
Still Wenger says he will bring new players in for next season, but with what money i would like to ask.
In Man U's case they are the richest English club, and with the likes of Kluivert and Rhonaldhino on the brink of sighning for them they can only get stronger as a team and even with big name signings they still have plenty to spend. As long as Arsenal stay in debt they cannot compete for big name sighnings, which obviously big clubs need to be able to do.
My other worry is that with our debt we will find it hard to keep hold of our own star players due to not being able to afford new contracts. Wenger has already hinted that sighning contracts with Henry, Pires and Viera will be a hard task and reporters have added we may not be able to keep hold of them. However, Viera has today pledged his future to Arsenal, but Pires looks very uncertain.

As an Arsenal fan i am very worried, it's unlikely that a club of Arsenal's stature could go into administration, but look what happened to Fiorentina.
Wed 07/05/03 at 18:34
Regular
"Jose Antonio-Legend"
I myself am an Arsenal fan, but can we realistcly compete with Manchester United?
As it stands Arsenal are in £40m debt, whilst building a £400m new staduim.
If Arsenal don't win something next season their debt could shoot up.
Still Wenger says he will bring new players in for next season, but with what money i would like to ask.
In Man U's case they are the richest English club, and with the likes of Kluivert and Rhonaldhino on the brink of sighning for them they can only get stronger as a team and even with big name signings they still have plenty to spend. As long as Arsenal stay in debt they cannot compete for big name sighnings, which obviously big clubs need to be able to do.
My other worry is that with our debt we will find it hard to keep hold of our own star players due to not being able to afford new contracts. Wenger has already hinted that sighning contracts with Henry, Pires and Viera will be a hard task and reporters have added we may not be able to keep hold of them. However, Viera has today pledged his future to Arsenal, but Pires looks very uncertain.

As an Arsenal fan i am very worried, it's unlikely that a club of Arsenal's stature could go into administration, but look what happened to Fiorentina.
Wed 07/05/03 at 19:11
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Don't panic mate, its very unlikely Arsenal will go into administration, but if we win the FA cup (hopefully), that may provide a bit more cash.

Can anyone back me up here?
Wed 07/05/03 at 20:19
Regular
HOW THE feck did we get 5 goals.. in one half
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
In reply to the topic question...

Yes.
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:40
Regular
"Jose Antonio-Legend"
DeadMetal wrote:
> Don't panic mate, its very unlikely Arsenal will go into
> administration, but if we win the FA cup (hopefully), that may provide
> a bit more cash.
>
> Can anyone back me up here?

Oh yeh i agree but still it's scary when u look at wot happened to fiorentina. but tonight gives us a gud idea of wat could happen in the final.
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:57
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
I hope so. But you've got to realise this (and this goes for all Arsenal fans), Southampton are only playing a weak squad. They WILL give us the match of the season for that trophy. They've waited 27 years to win it.
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:58
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Ps:

What was the final score?
Wed 07/05/03 at 22:20
Regular
6-1 pires and pennant hat tricks.
Wed 07/05/03 at 22:34
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
DeadMetal wrote:
> They've waited 27 years to win it.

Your DAMN RIGHT we have!

Tonight was always going to be one sided, there's no way we were going to put our best players out on the pitch to risk getting injured.

See you all in Cardiff

I take it you ARE ALL GOING? Ticket or no ticket?

And yes I will be there as I'm a season ticket holder :D
Wed 07/05/03 at 22:34
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Great score. Pity the league's finshed. Hope the FA cup goes as well

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.