GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 3 Playstation 3 Playstation 3!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/01/01 at 19:25
Regular
I can't believe it, another Playstation has been announced! The playstation 3 is supposed to be 1000 times more powerful than the Super-Console the PS2. Sony, who have set a 2 year dead-line on the new console say it was done to compete with Microsofts X-Box. I can't think straight, People say Sega are done for what about Nintendo!!!

The PS3 will not be just a Videogames console but it will be a 'in-home, outside life station'and 'an all round entertainment centre' You will be able to download games, music and movies, search the net, access on-line banking and much more.

Sony are relying on people having faster internet connections and I hope we do! I am not a Sony fan but this news is exciting! I can't see how Nintendo will be able to keep up, if the PS3 can do all this and the NGC can only play games I don't think Nintendo can win with their current Console war strategy!!!

I can't type fast enough, I was reading in the Metro today this is fantastic! 1000 times as powerful as the PS2, I can't even imagine it! The PS2 is supposed to cut Sony's financial profits in half and so we can only hope that the PS3 doesn't do the same! And that we see good progress for the PS3, I don't think that with news like this, Nintendo Vs Sony comes in to it, I think that videogaming on the whole will become a lot more recognised and a lot more fun!

Microsoft have put a whopping 340 million into the X-Box advertisements in an attempt to block out the news of Sony's Next Super-Console.

Ohhh...this is getting exciting, I can't wait for all this to unfold....

More as I get it....

Post your comments....forget winning....go wild......WHAT DO YOU THINK?

...The Game
Mon 29/01/01 at 20:39
Regular
You don't want to know in a few years time a more powerful machine is coming out!
Mon 29/01/01 at 20:47
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Sega have been working on the DC 2 for ages, Sony on the PS3 since the PS2 was finnalised, Nintendo will work on the GC2 early next year. It's the way companies work.... except sony who rushed the PS2 and sega who rushed the Saturn.

The PS3 is different as it is made to compete with a market the PS2 is meant for. However, it won't be much better than the GC... firstly, the processors won't be invented for 3 years that Sony need for the 100 time better PS3. Second it will be another set top box, and these cannot compete properly with real consoles. Just look at the PS2's poor sales figures in japan, and even here! In my mind the PS3 will not come out before 3 years time.

SonicRav
Mon 29/01/01 at 21:15
"High polygon count"
Sony have been working towards PS3 for some time, and they have said that they want/expect it to be at least 1000 times more powerful than PS2. This was in PS2 mags at the back end of last year - where have you guys been?! :-)

The first step on the road to PS2 is the GScube - a unit with 64 Emotion Engine chips (it started out at 16, but Sony upped the spec) linked to run in parallel, giving outstanding broadcast-quality CGI in real-time. The purpose of this unit is simply to provide an extremely powerful CGI system for the film and TV industry.

However, IMHO, only a fool would suggest that Sony wouldn't be considering the system as - at the very least - some form of prototype for the potential spec of PS3.

As much as I look forward to seeing such a machine, I would be incredibly surprised if it appeared on the market before 2005/6.
Mon 29/01/01 at 21:21
Regular
The PS3 no plans yet, if technology steps up a gear we will have all these GameCube 10's and whatever, get a new name!
Mon 29/01/01 at 21:34
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
SNIPER wrote :
"Use your gaming brain! It put's you off your PS2! Your not some poshy are you"

Ahhh... A poshy? no, but I dont know that much 1940's slang either :)... I though you might have ment that it was a console you put off untlil later or something... I duuno?!?! :)

Sony appear to be using a cutom processor, et al. ... however given the upredicable rate of growth for computers esp. PC's it seems a touch dodgy to over define the PS2 alredy? ... Although I suppose Sony know what there up to?

But, as I said before... I cant see how telling the mags about it can be wise?
Wed 31/01/01 at 15:13
"Darkness, always"
You maggot.

Do you not keep yourself up to date on anything?

2 days after Sony officially DENIED any plans at present to develop another console, you are here ranting about it. It doesn't exist. In 2 years, it will not exist. In 4-5 years you will hear about the great new console Sony are making, and how you can expect it in the shops 2 years after that.

Until then, calm down.
It'll be another year for a start befoe PS2s are in supply enough to meet the demand, so why the hell would Sony release another one, while their previous system was hitting it's sales peak??

Folly, folly, folly.
No more please fools.
Wed 31/01/01 at 15:21
Regular
"not dead"
IB if you're not going to treat others comments with a little more respect, then you won't be made very welcome around here.

You might also notice that this thread was started two days ago....
Wed 31/01/01 at 15:25
er...my PC is already better than the 'playstation 2' scumly thing that it is....its estimated lifespan was 10 years..in that time my PC will become so much better than the ps2 that it'll be laughable..

Consloes have been lagging for the last 10 years and the gap is widening, note that the 'best' console available is based on PC technology...

by the time ps3 does finally come out - PCs will be too far ahead...

--- Anti-Social_FatMan ---
Wed 31/01/01 at 15:29
(!!)GASP(!!)
i just heard that playstation 3 will be 90 billion million times better than the ps2!

its being made with 20,000MB RAM!!

it also has a 1 billion TB hard !disk!!

and you'll get an adsl connection with it
which will give 1,000GB/s downloads!!

and it'll only cost £299!!

Note - this is called satire.

--- Anti-Social_FatMan ---
Wed 31/01/01 at 17:24
This is all getting out of hand, Playstation 2 has only just been realised and now Sony are saying that they are making a Playstation 3, what about all the people who have just spent £300 on a PS2 for Christmas, they thought that the console they bought would be the power fullest for a good few years.
The games consoles are becoming just as bad as the race for the fastest PC, as soon as someone buys a new PC its all ready obsolete, some dude in the US has designed a faster PC that will be on your selves in 2 months time.
I bought a new PC just before Christmas it was the fastest one available, and now it’s classed as obsolete, don’t tell me the game consoles are going the same way!!
People wonder why society is going the way it is, say if Mr man over the road gets a pair of Nike shoes goes into school the following day everyone thinks wooow there nice shoes he’s got, next day Mrs woman goes into school in a pair of shoes that came out that day, and everyone will ignore Mr mans shoes as his are supposedly old now, they will all admire Mrs woman’s.
I understand Sonys need to be at the top of the table for the fastest game consoles, however its not fair to the people who have just bought their child/children a playstation 2, to have to buy a playstation 3 in 2 or so years along the line.
As many people are constantly told, ‘money does not grow on trees’ Sony need to understand this, the public cannot afford to pay out large sums of money (the tax that they pay is large enough) but paying for a PS3 shortly after just buying a PS2 is ridiculous, and what about the unemployed?? how are they going to afford to pay for all these new consoles for their children’s birthday/Christmas present?
It would be a lot easier if Sony, Bill gates and all the other companies joined forces to build a super console, one more powerful than anyone could imagine, and stop all this rivalry!!!!
If anyone disagrees please say so.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.