GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 3 Playstation 3 Playstation 3!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/01/01 at 19:25
Regular
I can't believe it, another Playstation has been announced! The playstation 3 is supposed to be 1000 times more powerful than the Super-Console the PS2. Sony, who have set a 2 year dead-line on the new console say it was done to compete with Microsofts X-Box. I can't think straight, People say Sega are done for what about Nintendo!!!

The PS3 will not be just a Videogames console but it will be a 'in-home, outside life station'and 'an all round entertainment centre' You will be able to download games, music and movies, search the net, access on-line banking and much more.

Sony are relying on people having faster internet connections and I hope we do! I am not a Sony fan but this news is exciting! I can't see how Nintendo will be able to keep up, if the PS3 can do all this and the NGC can only play games I don't think Nintendo can win with their current Console war strategy!!!

I can't type fast enough, I was reading in the Metro today this is fantastic! 1000 times as powerful as the PS2, I can't even imagine it! The PS2 is supposed to cut Sony's financial profits in half and so we can only hope that the PS3 doesn't do the same! And that we see good progress for the PS3, I don't think that with news like this, Nintendo Vs Sony comes in to it, I think that videogaming on the whole will become a lot more recognised and a lot more fun!

Microsoft have put a whopping 340 million into the X-Box advertisements in an attempt to block out the news of Sony's Next Super-Console.

Ohhh...this is getting exciting, I can't wait for all this to unfold....

More as I get it....

Post your comments....forget winning....go wild......WHAT DO YOU THINK?

...The Game
Sat 03/02/01 at 14:05
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
PS3... in 5-6 years!!...

Its not just about to be released... its not going to be released in 1-2 years... is not going to be avalible for ages yet... relax!
Sat 03/02/01 at 13:40
Regular
"everyone says it"
I hate sony.
Sat 03/02/01 at 13:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
Is the PlayStation 3 really being released in TWO YEARS!!!!???!!!???

It better not be.
Fri 02/02/01 at 19:06
Regular
Here we go mate.
Thu 01/02/01 at 17:00
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
er-no wrote :
"Humans may not need a control pad anymore, they will play it through there senses,"

But thats no fun... when peoiple shoot things they wanna have a gin in their hands... not have everything registered by the amount of phermones released... or by the reactions of their eyes...

er-no wrote :
"if lara croft gets shot in the chest the gamer will also feel pain directly in the chest"

No theres a lawsuit waiting to happen! ;)

er-no wrote :
"Maybe consoles will ask questions and remind the gamer what games are coming out soon and where is the cheapest
place to purchse them ( eg SR )."

PC's already have programs that do that... and since they operate remotly, any console can use it when its stuck on the net... The console market dieing through over abuse by advertising! :)

... er-no... only joking man... :)
Thu 01/02/01 at 00:18
Regular
"everyone says it"
Have you ever thought really hard about what gaming will be like in 20 years, I started to think hard about this its Scary =

---Humans may not need a control pad anymore, they will play it through there senses, (if the gamer feels scared the computer will sense this and the character will appear scared and run)

---Gamers will share feelings towards the characters in the games ( if lara croft gets shot in the chest the gamer will also feel pain directly in the chest)

((An idea like this was actually created in Japan and then banned by the people for some strange reason))

---Maybe consoles will ask questions and remind the gamer what games are coming out soon and where is the cheapest place to purchse them ( eg SR ). The consoles could interact and help the gamer if stuck, it could be the actual instruction manual.

---Games will appear so real that people can no longer tell the difference between the real world and the game!!

I think people of SR it is time to get worried and prepared for the Future Of Gaming.
Wed 31/01/01 at 22:57
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
You'll never admit to being mental again?!?!
Wed 31/01/01 at 22:44
"possibly impossible"
I do that anyway.

Whoops. Mental note: never admit to things like that again.
Wed 31/01/01 at 22:36
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Although having said that... does anyone remeber the the controllers that were release 5+ years back (I'm afriad my memorys not so good!)... whereupon you controlled the character be moving your eyes and shaying 'fire' when you wanted to shoot?
Wed 31/01/01 at 22:35
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
or maybe not

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.