GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dodgy security?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/04/03 at 13:16
Regular
After visiting a mate in hospital the other day, we noticed an astonishing lack of security around the facility. I know hospitals aren't meant to be prisons, but we could have easily walked in patient's rooms unchallenged, or even taken medicines from open cupboards. Is this normal for a hospital?

P.S. Newmarket is a nice town...even if you're not meant to be there!
Tue 29/04/03 at 14:00
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
That's fantastic. You should have gone for a bit of a tan before and donned your favourite turban and beard - see how far you would have got then.
Tue 29/04/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yup, a few weeks ago. I wrote a post about it somewhere in the mist of time.

They issued me a pass but wrote the incorrect name on, didnt check my license plate and just took my word for it.
The security gate just waved me though without asking to see the (incorrect) pass or searching my car - which was packed in the back with loads of drum cases/stands.

And I wandered off to the base-supermarket about midnight, with a hand drawn map courtesy of the person I was staying with.
It was at night, stopping on every corner to check a rubbish map. Many RAF men said "Ullo" and "Alright" as they passed a stranger wandering their base.

Next day I sat on the airfield, next to the runway and watched them load up B52s, with my sports-bag by my side (also unchecked).
Then it took off about 30ft away.

All a week before the Gulf War sequel opened everywhere.
Shocking
Tue 29/04/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Goatboy wrote:
> Go to RAF Brize Norton instead.
>
> You can be issued with a base-pass with incorrect info, not have your
> car checked and then be free to wander all over the place - including
> sitting 30ft from B52s being pay-loaded and taking off.
>
> That was cool.
> Of course, the hidden snipers made me fear for my life

Did this really happen? To you?
Tue 29/04/03 at 13:42
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Maybe they should have hidden snipers in hospitals and schools too.

"Just ignore him, that's Jeff the school sniper."
"Mornin'."
Tue 29/04/03 at 13:42
Regular
Mario Van Peebles could take 'em all
Tue 29/04/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hire a crack squad of Mr T, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Christopher Lambert & Steven Seagal, let them roam the wards with a licence to kill anyone they suspect of being a biatch to the patients?
Tue 29/04/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Go to RAF Brize Norton instead.

You can be issued with a base-pass with incorrect info, not have your car checked and then be free to wander all over the place - including sitting 30ft from B52s being pay-loaded and taking off.

That was cool.
Of course, the hidden snipers made me fear for my life
Tue 29/04/03 at 13:35
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Okay, put it this way - I wasn't required any sort of pass to get through the gates into the car park, the reception was about 200 metres down the corridoor once in the building (past dozens of patients rooms and cupboards) and I could have walked into any patient's room, pulled out their respirator or something and legged it with a gallon of mescalin.

Yeah, I'd say it was a little dodgy. But what can you do?
Tue 29/04/03 at 13:32
Regular
Such as save peoples lives?
Tue 29/04/03 at 13:30
Regular
I think they generally have other things to do...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.