GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dodgy security?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/04/03 at 13:16
Regular
After visiting a mate in hospital the other day, we noticed an astonishing lack of security around the facility. I know hospitals aren't meant to be prisons, but we could have easily walked in patient's rooms unchallenged, or even taken medicines from open cupboards. Is this normal for a hospital?

P.S. Newmarket is a nice town...even if you're not meant to be there!
Tue 29/04/03 at 23:27
Regular
"Hey there superstar, pass the soap"
Tue 29/04/03 at 17:40
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
He's too pretty to go to jail.
Tue 29/04/03 at 17:07
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
monkey_man wrote:
> but we could have easily ... taken medicines from open
> cupboards.

And you didn't?

What type of student ARE you?
Tue 29/04/03 at 15:40
Regular
A few nights ago the security guard at the building site near to my mates house let all his mates in, gave them all security jackets and they proceeded to steal doors and anything they thought they could sell.

Police realised what had happened when local folk said instead of the usual 3-4 guards there were about 15 loading the stuff into a van and a few cars.

As for the hospitals, A few years ago my brother done his shoulder in playing rugby. My dad and me went up to A&E with him and while we were there there was this bloke who got injured playing footy. His hear was cut badly and bleeding onto a towel which was a nice blood stained red colour. This otehr guy was having a go at the nurses for things taking ages. She called for security as he was getting load and began to get violent. Nobody came. They guy grabbed her and a few minutes later the injured footballer grabbed him and smacked him a few times.

Of course the police came and took the guy away and the footballer got seen by the doctor. Then the security guys came round to check things were ok.
Tue 29/04/03 at 15:34
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I know what you mean, i got robbed in Basildon hospital carpark the other week!...£1.50 for parking! : D
Tue 29/04/03 at 15:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Star Fury wrote:
Seeing as Brize Norton, like other bases in
> the country, have been under 24 hour watch by various peace activists
> with nothing better else to do, ever since the beginning of February,
> I find it hard to believe that they snook any in without anyone
> noticing a thing.
--

There was zero activisism at Brize Norton on the weekend I went. The next weekend they were expecting loads at another base, and the girl was put on guard duty just in case - but when I went there was nowt.
Tue 29/04/03 at 15:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Star Fury wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> Go to RAF Brize Norton instead.
> >including
> sitting 30ft from B52s being pay-loaded and taking off.
>
> Are you sure ?

Yep. The lass I was with is RAF and I said "Christ that's big" "Yep, B52".
Was less than 50ft from me. I couldn't tell you a B52 from a Rock Lobster, but I'll trust the word of someone in the RAF.

>
> That was cool.
> Of course, the hidden snipers made me fear for my life
>
> Where'd you get that from ? Brize Norton isn't a high security base
> because it is just transport command, and the idea is to have high
> external security - it's assumed anyone inside the bases belongs
> there.

Yes, I'm aware of this. It was a joke at something IB wrote a few weeks back. Humour - therefore understandable you didn't pick up on it.
And the "high external security" is not that at all. Like I said in my original post, I've needed more ID to join Blockbusters.
Tue 29/04/03 at 15:19
Regular
"That's right!"
When I was working at the Inland Revenue, we were told somebody got in by flashing a TWIX WRAPPER to security as he drove by.

You're meant to have your pass visible at all times, and challenge anyone who doesn't have theirs, but in reality, a lot of people have it under their coat, or not at all (one moron forgot his pass EVERY SINGLE DAY while working there for 10 weeks) and nobody wants to bother stopping people on the site and demanding to see their pass.

Security is made up of old blokes, and the passes they give to the lower band people (myself and people below me) don't have photos - only names. All they look for is a green pass around your neck. You could walk in with a piece of green paper on a plug chain. It's rediculous.
Tue 29/04/03 at 15:11
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Goatboy wrote:
> Go to RAF Brize Norton instead.
>including
> sitting 30ft from B52s being pay-loaded and taking off.

Are you sure ? Brize Norton isn't even a USAF base and is the RAF Heavy Transport Command base, and has been since 1965. The B52's for use in the Gulf which flew from England all came between 4th-6th March and their arrival was preceeded by a statement in the commons from the defence minister. They arrived, flew, and were loaded up, all at RAF Fairford which is a USAF base, and a large number of tv crews documented this happening. Seeing as Brize Norton, like other bases in the country, have been under 24 hour watch by various peace activists with nothing better else to do, ever since the beginning of February, I find it hard to believe that they snook any in without anyone noticing a thing, because a B52H is one big plane, if you don't see it then you certainly hear it. Heck, you should have contacted one of the aviation magazines because they'd have paid for a story like that.

> That was cool.
> Of course, the hidden snipers made me fear for my life

Where'd you get that from ? Brize Norton isn't a high security base because it is just transport command, and the idea is to have high external security - it's assumed anyone inside the bases belongs there.
Tue 29/04/03 at 14:42
Regular
"Hmmm....."
monkey_man wrote:
> That's fantastic. You should have gone for a bit of a tan before and
> donned your favourite turban and beard - see how far you would have
> got then.

Hehe, for some reason that really made me chuckle.

My friend was in hospital visiting her sister who had just had a baby. Minutes later, there were police crawling the place. A baby in one of the next cubicles had been snached by some wacko who had walked in looking for a baby and walked out with the baby unchallenged.

You can't blame the nurses, they are already too overworked to notice who is walking around. I do think security needs to be increased, if not for this purpose, to stop nurses and doctors being attacked by violent patients.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.