GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Henry named Player of the Year"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/04/03 at 21:14
Regular
Information from NTLworld

Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has won the PFA Player of the Year award and Newcastle midfielder Jermaine Jenas has been named Young Player of the Year.

Henry beat Manchester United rivals Ruud van Nistelrooy and Paul Scholes to the prestigious award voted for by the professionals.

Players are asked to consider the performance of their preferred candidate between February 2002 and February 2003 - rather than from the start of the current season, in August, up to now.

Henry said: "When I was in France I won the Young Player of the Year award there which is also voted by the players but maybe I didn't stay there long enough to win their main award. I was 19 at the time.

"I don't know if I'm in the best form of my life, I just try to do my best on the pitch. What has been important for me this season is not just how many goals I've scored, but how many I have set up.

"I know that goalscorers get judged at the end of the season by how many they score but if you can set up some as well then it is good for the team and I think I've had a bit of both this season. I am happy doing either.

"As long as the team does well I am happy and I always try to do my best. Winning is the most important thing no matter who scores."

But Henry could not find the net as the Gunners were held to a 2-2 draw at Bolton on Saturday and Manchester United opened up a five-point lead at the top of the Premiership with a 2-0 win at Spurs.

Jenas wins the Young Player award at the end of his first full season in the Premiership. The title comes two months after he won his first full England cap.

The 20-year-old said: "Winning this award is the highlight of my season, it's the biggest achievement I've had in my career so far. My England debut was special but I hope there's going to be a lot more of them, whereas this award comes from your fellow professionals. They judge you on your season's performance and footballers know other footballers and that's a special feeling."

However, Jenas did not make the PFA Premiership Team of the Season. The chosen 11 are: Brad Friedel (Blackburn); Stephen Carr (Spurs), Ashley Cole, Sol Campbell (both Arsenal), William Gallas (Chelsea); Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Paul Scholes (Manchester United), Robert Pires (Arsenal), Kieron Dyer; Alan Shearer (both Newcastle) and Henry (Arsenal).
Mon 28/04/03 at 22:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
And rightfully so.
Mon 28/04/03 at 21:14
Regular
"Proud PS2+GC Owner"
Information from NTLworld

Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has won the PFA Player of the Year award and Newcastle midfielder Jermaine Jenas has been named Young Player of the Year.

Henry beat Manchester United rivals Ruud van Nistelrooy and Paul Scholes to the prestigious award voted for by the professionals.

Players are asked to consider the performance of their preferred candidate between February 2002 and February 2003 - rather than from the start of the current season, in August, up to now.

Henry said: "When I was in France I won the Young Player of the Year award there which is also voted by the players but maybe I didn't stay there long enough to win their main award. I was 19 at the time.

"I don't know if I'm in the best form of my life, I just try to do my best on the pitch. What has been important for me this season is not just how many goals I've scored, but how many I have set up.

"I know that goalscorers get judged at the end of the season by how many they score but if you can set up some as well then it is good for the team and I think I've had a bit of both this season. I am happy doing either.

"As long as the team does well I am happy and I always try to do my best. Winning is the most important thing no matter who scores."

But Henry could not find the net as the Gunners were held to a 2-2 draw at Bolton on Saturday and Manchester United opened up a five-point lead at the top of the Premiership with a 2-0 win at Spurs.

Jenas wins the Young Player award at the end of his first full season in the Premiership. The title comes two months after he won his first full England cap.

The 20-year-old said: "Winning this award is the highlight of my season, it's the biggest achievement I've had in my career so far. My England debut was special but I hope there's going to be a lot more of them, whereas this award comes from your fellow professionals. They judge you on your season's performance and footballers know other footballers and that's a special feeling."

However, Jenas did not make the PFA Premiership Team of the Season. The chosen 11 are: Brad Friedel (Blackburn); Stephen Carr (Spurs), Ashley Cole, Sol Campbell (both Arsenal), William Gallas (Chelsea); Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Paul Scholes (Manchester United), Robert Pires (Arsenal), Kieron Dyer; Alan Shearer (both Newcastle) and Henry (Arsenal).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.