GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bullett."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/07/05 at 01:19
Regular
My brother is in America for work and phoned me about buying a PSP asking whether he will get taxed badly for it. So I said I didn't know and he has bought one anyway and is getting one for me xD

But, well, the thing is... I hear some games can be WiFi'd well how easy would that be to play with specific people. I.E. You? Or don’t you choose your opponent is it just a "quick match" so to speak.

Secondly, what is all this memory stick talk about?

And lastly Does PSP have the same wireless as DS as in do you need 2 copies of the game to play with 2 people or just the 1, like Mario does on the Nintendo DS (I think?)

Ta.
Tue 19/07/05 at 19:19
Regular
fragout123 wrote:
> what were you after, as i only put a bid on skies as one noob dropped
> out as he was bidding on multiple copies, and dropped out of mine
> when he eventually won a copy! That gets on my norks!
>
> Should of said, i could of let you have it, Either way got royally
> outbid anyhew. Genuinely sorry chief!

It was Skies. No matter though, I completely forgot to track it and once I'd realised, it was too late :(
Tue 19/07/05 at 17:29
Regular
-
Tue 19/07/05 at 17:23
Regular
"Mozzy"
Well, it's only the 1st edition on the PSP. :D

Good points:

- Decent graphics - definately not the best, but still pretty good

- 77 things to unlock - 30 stadiums, 6 balls, 27 alternative shirts etc

- All the teams - they've managed to include all 300-odd teams

- Modes - They have World Cup, Champions Cup, Premier League etc for us to play in

- Create a player - really didn't expect them to include this so I was suprised when I saw it

- The camera angles and gameplay work well with the PSP, and the analogue isn't as bad as I thought

So basically, they've almost taken everything from the PS2 version and managed to squeeze it into the PSP which is really good because there is alot to do, but thats what causes the bad points...

Bad Points:

- The navigation - It isn't very responsive and when choosing a mode or a team it will take a few seconds to load up the next bit, tbh though - it isn't as bad as the console version.

- Glitches - During a match there seem to be a few glitches which sometimes ruin the games atmosphere, like when the ball goes wide game kinda freezes for about 2 seconds. It doesn't sound like a big problem but it does kinda ruin the gameplay slightly.

Thats it really, it may seem like there isn't many bad points but the two that I have pointed out are actually quite big problems and if they were sorted out this game would've been so much better.

But still, it's really good fun and it should keep me busy until Pro Evo. And you never know, they might do what Rockstar are (apparently) doing to MC3 and sort out these problems before the European release seeing as it will be bigger in Europe than in the US.

I think it deserves 7/10.

That is all.
Tue 19/07/05 at 16:26
Regular
I can see myself paying full price for quality original development, I couldn' see myself paying full price for the 60th edition of FIFA.

Different strokes, I guess :).
Tue 19/07/05 at 15:45
Regular
"Mozzy"
Because I have no other console except my PSP and I want to play a football game. Plus, even though Lumines is probably alot of fun I cant see myself paying full price for a puzzle game.

I rarely enjoy puzzle games.

I dunno why, but VG+ sent me two manuals, one in spanish (which wasn't inside the box) and one english one which was in the box.

hmmm....
Tue 19/07/05 at 15:42
Regular
Why buy Fifa, it's a sacrilage to the games industry to give EA free money.

Buy Lumines, it's genuinely a classic :D.
Tue 19/07/05 at 15:35
Regular
"Mozzy"
Yay! FIFA has arrived!

*goes to play*
Tue 19/07/05 at 15:25
Regular
I want my PSP ='[
Tue 19/07/05 at 14:58
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
what were you after, as i only put a bid on skies as one noob dropped out as he was bidding on multiple copies, and dropped out of mine when he eventually won a copy! That gets on my norks!

Should of said, i could of let you have it, Either way got royally outbid anyhew. Genuinely sorry chief!
Tue 19/07/05 at 14:34
Regular
I bidded though, and had I won, I wouldn't have been too happy at your tactic :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.