GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want a DS, but..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/07/05 at 11:04
Regular
"That's right!"
What's the crack with the batteries? I'm going on holiday in October and need something that takes normal batteries so I can use it on the way back as well as the way there (damn 14 hour flights)

My iPod's already out the window unless I can find the right adaptor, but it's looking like the DS would be pointless as well. It doesn't take AA batteries does it, it looks like it needs to be charged or something... which would be bad.

What's the news?
Mon 18/07/05 at 15:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
jerocks9 wrote:
> Why bother with a DS when you can have a PSP which you can watch flms
> listen to music and play any old game from the Neo Geo to the N64
> like Conker for free? It makes no sense to have a DS unless your
> totally BLIND!

Yknow you've written basically this same thing in three threads now. Fair enough, they are your views, but..

Ah what the hell, I can't be assed. I'm just gonna call you a troll, it's much easier. :)
Mon 18/07/05 at 12:53
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
or want to use a touch screen, with brilliant multiplayer
Mon 18/07/05 at 10:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
jerocks9 wrote:
> It makes no sense to have a DS unless your
> totally BLIND!

Or you want to play DS games.
Mon 18/07/05 at 00:07
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Why bother with a DS when you can have a PSP which you can watch flms listen to music and play any old game from the Neo Geo to the N64 like Conker for free? It makes no sense to have a DS unless your totally BLIND!

Even ipod will have a battle on its hand!
Sun 17/07/05 at 15:20
Regular
"That's right!"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
Hope you've got friends

---------

*sobs* No...

Well, none with a DS anyway, but they usually see my gadgets and want one themselves (digital cameras, MP3 players, multi-regional DVD players etc) so maybe one day...
Sun 17/07/05 at 00:12
Regular
"Touched!"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> What's the crack with region encoding then? Will I be able to import
> from the US?
>
> And I've just ordered my DS with Wario Ware, Bomberman and Mr
> Driller, it's a shame the games line up is so poor right now.

Good choices there. Hope you've got friends tho cos Bomberman rules with wireless link up but stinks in single player.
Sat 16/07/05 at 20:39
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> And I've just ordered my DS with Wario Ware, Bomberman and Mr
> Driller, it's a shame the games line up is so poor right now.

Ah, Mr Driller is class, really should get it. Yoshi and Polarium would be perfect flight games also. Another Code might be worth picking up as well if you're into Broken Sword stylee stuff.
Sat 16/07/05 at 14:14
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Rozza1001 wrote:
> videogamesplus.ca is always a winner in terms of importing

Yep, used them for years. I used to buy from then via eBay (their UserID is fiocco, I think) and then realised they had a website. I actually just received Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones from them last week, which I'm going to save for the 9hr flight I have in three weeks. They're cheap (gotta love CAD$ -> GB£) and shipping is nice and fast. I've also never been stung by customs when using them, and that includes both an imported DS and an imported GameCube.
Sat 16/07/05 at 13:54
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
videogamesplus.ca is always a winner in terms of importing
Sat 16/07/05 at 13:50
Regular
"That's right!"
Just bought something on ebay that will allow me to charge it with AA batteries (apparantly) So we'll soon see.

Any reliable/cheap/quick to deliver places I can get American DS games from?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.