GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want a DS, but..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/07/05 at 11:04
Regular
"That's right!"
What's the crack with the batteries? I'm going on holiday in October and need something that takes normal batteries so I can use it on the way back as well as the way there (damn 14 hour flights)

My iPod's already out the window unless I can find the right adaptor, but it's looking like the DS would be pointless as well. It doesn't take AA batteries does it, it looks like it needs to be charged or something... which would be bad.

What's the news?
Sat 16/07/05 at 11:04
Regular
"That's right!"
What's the crack with the batteries? I'm going on holiday in October and need something that takes normal batteries so I can use it on the way back as well as the way there (damn 14 hour flights)

My iPod's already out the window unless I can find the right adaptor, but it's looking like the DS would be pointless as well. It doesn't take AA batteries does it, it looks like it needs to be charged or something... which would be bad.

What's the news?
Sat 16/07/05 at 11:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yeah it takes Li-Ion battery packs - the same ones as in the GBASP. They last about 10 hours, but you could always buy a spare one, or use the extra one from your GBASP.
Sat 16/07/05 at 11:22
Regular
"That's right!"
I don't have an SP...

Where can I get spare batteries from?
Sat 16/07/05 at 11:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Further inspection reveals that perhaps you can't use the SP battery pack in the DS. I don't have an SP but if anyone who has both could try it out that would solve the problem. Anyway, you can get a DS battery pack from GAME for £10: [URL]http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11230&mid=325653[/URL] , or obviously check eBay, but don't pay more that £10.
Sat 16/07/05 at 11:44
Regular
"That's right!"
Ah, nice. I'll be getting one then, Advance Wars DS has me all excited and it'll be out by the time I go on holiday (hopefully)
Sat 16/07/05 at 11:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's out in Japan already! It's not out here until November but you can get it from the US before then.
Sat 16/07/05 at 12:07
Regular
"That's right!"
What's the crack with region encoding then? Will I be able to import from the US?

And I've just ordered my DS with Wario Ware, Bomberman and Mr Driller, it's a shame the games line up is so poor right now.
Sat 16/07/05 at 12:11
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
The DS is multiregion, so import games are no problem.

Advance Wars DS is released the day before I come back home from America. I'm actually looking forward to the flight back *home*. :D
Sat 16/07/05 at 12:15
Regular
"That's right!"
Cheers, mofos. The GAME site is being very daft and saying my VISA card isn't a VISA card, so I'll have to pop into town to pick up some DS battery packs. I've spent about 160 quid today and it's only 12:15...
Sat 16/07/05 at 12:47
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Aah, unlucky. I went to an Oasis gig on Sunday, and back when I booked it via TicketMaster in October, they strictly said, "No VISA Electron cards accepted". I was as school, so had no choice but to put it through as "VISA". Not only did I get the ticket, I'm 90% sure I was never charged.

;D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.