GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cashing in on the gulf war 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/04/03 at 11:56
Regular
First Madonna, now Avril Lavigne with her VERY repetative song, "Knocking on Heaven's Door" which is rumoured to have been thought up in 12.3 seconds!

"Hi guys!"
"Nice Tie"
"What shall we do today?"
"Dude, wanna cash in on the war?"
"Right!"

So she sings the words "Knocking on Heaven's Door" about 100 times whilst footage of Iraqi kids in schools gets played - bearing in mind these kids will have been taught the ways of the regime in those schools atleast until now.

She a very bad person.

Ther record will sell and she'll make lots of money.
Sun 27/04/03 at 21:32
Regular
avril lavigne should be cut in half, and the two halves be distributed equally between the iraqi people and the kurds (correct spelling?)
Sun 27/04/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Actually all the artists and producers have made the point that this is not about their own views, but about raising money for Iraq's children. Those kids don't give a toss whether I supported war, or whether someone didn't, because they need help.

This isn't an anti-war album, it's not anti-Iraq, anti-American, pro-war or whatever. It's an album to raise money.

I know full well some of their views, yet even though the majority differ from mine it did not stop me buying it.
Sat 26/04/03 at 20:25
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Doesn't really matter whether she's for or against the war - either case is using the war to stir up media attention and further their bank balance... sorry, political views. Then, it depends who does it - Lennon records Give Peace A Chance and is a hero, other artists comment and are cashing in. Granted, their is a gulf between the two (boom boom), but at the end on the day you could be a little less cynical and just say this is people abusing their position to further their view point. Why is Madge cashing in but Michael Moore gets worldwide applause for a rant at the Oscars (which I enjoyed no end)?
Sat 26/04/03 at 09:55
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
And just to add on, seeing as the video for American Life had a scene cut out where she throws a grenade at a George Bush lookalike, I fail to see how that's a cash in either......
Sat 26/04/03 at 09:54
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Ahem, how is the Warchild HOPE album cashing in ?

The producers of it are only taking their own costs involved in physically producing it in factories - i.e. s*d all - and the artists have all recorded free of charge in recording studies/venues which gave their services free of charge.

So the only people cashing in is the Warchild charity itself, which seeing as they're using the money to help people in Iraq, seems okay to me.

I reckon the film about Jessica Lynch will actually turn out to be a made for tv one that we get on Hallmark, because there's either going to be some serious artistic licence or it'll be one relatively dull film.
Fri 25/04/03 at 20:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
BEARDS. wrote:
> No, the worst thing about it is that they're talking about making a
> film of that American servicewoman being rescued. That alone is
> justification enough to set nuclear weaponry off in Hollywood.

I just want to see which of the peace loving actresses who were flashing peace signs everywhere at the Oscars will forget their *principles* as soon as the dollar signs flash up in their eyes when the role of the servicewoman comes up for grabs.
Fri 25/04/03 at 15:52
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Yeah - but for every Full Metal Jacket or Three Kings (just because it's more relevant and easier to spell than a certain other film that would obviously go there) there's a Private Benjamin. Rough with the smooth and all that.
Fri 25/04/03 at 15:36
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
No, the worst thing about it is that they're talking about making a film of that American servicewoman being rescued. That alone is justification enough to set nuclear weaponry off in Hollywood.
Fri 25/04/03 at 15:30
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
CNN and the BBC - that's all they're ever on about. And the newspapers - just using some people's misery to shift stock. EVIL!
Fri 25/04/03 at 12:08
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
I have words for people like this, but I can't write them as I'll be baned

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.