GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cashing in on the gulf war 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/04/03 at 11:56
Regular
First Madonna, now Avril Lavigne with her VERY repetative song, "Knocking on Heaven's Door" which is rumoured to have been thought up in 12.3 seconds!

"Hi guys!"
"Nice Tie"
"What shall we do today?"
"Dude, wanna cash in on the war?"
"Right!"

So she sings the words "Knocking on Heaven's Door" about 100 times whilst footage of Iraqi kids in schools gets played - bearing in mind these kids will have been taught the ways of the regime in those schools atleast until now.

She a very bad person.

Ther record will sell and she'll make lots of money.
Thu 01/05/03 at 16:54
Regular
"Aoe Master"
Wed 30/04/03 at 11:53
Regular
I've seen the entire video on The Hits...about 5 times an hour...

I now know it wasn't written for her...and if the original is the same, it still sucks...
Wed 30/04/03 at 10:47
Regular
You do realise that 'Knocking on heavens door' was originally recorded by Bob Dylan and was certainly not thought up in 5 minutes?

Have you actually heard the song or have you just seen clips where she says "knocking on heavens door"?
Tue 29/04/03 at 16:45
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Edgy wrote:
> Noobst@r wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> "Hi guys!"
> "Nice Tie"
> "What shall we do today?"
> "Dude, wanna cash in on the war?"
> "Right!"
>
> ROFL! :D
>
>
> I couldn't resist :D

Bleh, I bet you couldn't :P
Tue 29/04/03 at 09:04
Regular
Noobst@r wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> "Hi guys!"
> "Nice Tie"
> "Right!"
>
> ROFL! :D

I couldn't resist :D
Tue 29/04/03 at 07:10
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Edgy wrote:
> First Madonna, now Avril Lavigne with her VERY repetative song,
> "Knocking on Heaven's Door" which is rumoured to have been
> thought up in 12.3 seconds!
>
> "Hi guys!"
> "Nice Tie"
> "Right!"

ROFL! :D
>
> So she sings the words "Knocking on Heaven's Door" about 100
> times whilst footage of Iraqi kids in schools gets played - bearing in
> mind these kids will have been taught the ways of the regime in those
> schools atleast until now.

I painfully downloaded this song and the exact ammount of times she says (can't justify it as singing now, can we? :P) "Knocking on Heaven's Door" is :::10:::, which is an average of every 12.1 seconds throughout the song.

Weird, I'm sure it was more than that :|
>
> She a very bad person.
>
> Ther record will sell and she'll make lots of money.
Mon 28/04/03 at 22:09
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Besides, Madonna's album sucks, and the critics all agree on that....
Mon 28/04/03 at 20:01
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Mate, you're a little obsessed with that Warchild album, aren't you? I write a post about war songs in general, with specific references to Madonna's latest song... WAR CHILD IS DA GOOD!!!1 in reply. Some jokey comments about Avril Lavigne... WAR CHILD IS DA GOOD!!!1 in reply.

Don't think anyone is critising War Child. Avril can still agree to do a track for the album for nowt and benefit off the publicity - not that I'm saying that's what she's doing.
Mon 28/04/03 at 19:26
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
But they aren't new songs based on the war ! They're all covers or old ones which have meaning in the context of war.

Has anyone actually criticising this album looked at it and the Warchild charity ?
Sun 27/04/03 at 21:35
Regular
If Avril Lavigne offered me a special 'performance', I don't think I'd say no, but I'm still not happy with the songs based on the war...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.