GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"if thats fake, its a good 'un"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/07/05 at 20:33
"Tesco value"
[URL]http://kid360.ytmnd.com/[/URL]
Wed 20/07/05 at 16:19
Regular
"\\"
Ice_Crystal_15 wrote:
> That xbox 360 must be a testing version, Because it's not even out
> yet.

Yes it is.
Wed 20/07/05 at 09:31
Regular
Prototype consoles rarely look like the final versions. The dev PSOnes were blue - they then released retail dev consoles (Yaroze) in black. The cables popping out of the side can be found on a lot of dev kits, for hooking up to various other devices, PC/Mac included. Just because it's off-colour doen't mean it's fake.

That's not to say this is real though. There are too many suspicious clues about the photos to suggest they're fake. You never quite see what's to the back/right of the TV - a standard Xbox perhaps? That's all you'd nee to run Halo 2 and a 360 Demo clip containing a splash screen.

I never saw the shots of his Dad's ID cards, but it wouldn't be hard to knock up a fake ID card, especially when it's going to be snapped by a low-res camera.

I don't care if it's real or not. If it is, good on him, the jammy scallie. If it's fake, the joke is on all you mugs who fell for it.

The internet is notorious for hoaxes. Take that into consideration when things like this crop up.
Wed 20/07/05 at 08:38
"Tesco value"
From experiance you would need a very good mould to produce all the holes where the venting is, You wouldn't have been able drill all those holes by hand, it would have to have been done on a CNC machine.

If this is a fake then a lot of hard work has gone into making it, and out of good quality plastics. There must be test units out there though, if they expect to release it in November which is only 4 months away.

I could imagine microsoft debadging their prototype/test console so that they could deny rumours if they fell into the wrong hands, could explain why the cosole looks so grey
Wed 20/07/05 at 00:00
Regular
"8==="
Hmmmm.

*Takes a second look*

Anyone reasonably experienced with vacuum-moulded plastic could make that from a CDT machine and a good mould.

Too much grey, even where the button is. I know find it doubtful that this is a real 360/prototype.
Tue 19/07/05 at 23:51
Regular
"The definitive tag"
It is very convincing if it is fake. Note the rather official looking sticker and the pads on the bottom.
Tue 19/07/05 at 23:44
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
That xbox 360 must be a testing version, Because it's not even out yet.
Tue 19/07/05 at 20:15
Regular
"Captain to you."
I hope it's real and his dad loses his job.
Tue 19/07/05 at 20:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
What. A. Moron.

Does he realise how much trouble he'll get his Dad in? That's genius. Although there's no evidence it was an actual working console, you could rig the image on the screen, and plastic-mould a similar console.

Of course I'm jealous.
Mon 18/07/05 at 21:30
Regular
[URL]http://www.xboxcore.com/news/707.html[/URL]

Read that for more info.
Mon 18/07/05 at 21:25
Regular
"8==="
Mabye they're a play tester or something.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.