GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will LucasArts ever rekindle the adventure genre?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/07/05 at 19:42
Regular
"....."
I was just looking on the LucasArts site and noticed it really does go out of its way to promote the Star Wars genre.

Look at the main page [URL]http://www.lucasarts.com/[/URL]

It’s like it’s forgotten or abandoned any other kind of game focusing solely on the Star Wars franchise. Everything else seems to have been swept aside.

Out of interest, I clicked on the classic PC games section, to see it still mentions games like the Monkey Island series, Grim Fandango, Outlaws, Full Throttle, Sam & Max, Indiana Jones to name but a few.

Do you think this situation is just temporary due to George Lucas making Episodes 1, 2 and 3 from 1999-2005.

Do you think this is why they've hardly focused on any other genre?

Do you think that now the Star Wars trilogy has finally come to an end, theyll get back to what they were good at and thats making top notch adventure/point & click games, or do you think the days of playing such games are well and truly over?

Whats your opinion on this situation?
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 19/07/05 at 19:42
Regular
"....."
I was just looking on the LucasArts site and noticed it really does go out of its way to promote the Star Wars genre.

Look at the main page [URL]http://www.lucasarts.com/[/URL]

It’s like it’s forgotten or abandoned any other kind of game focusing solely on the Star Wars franchise. Everything else seems to have been swept aside.

Out of interest, I clicked on the classic PC games section, to see it still mentions games like the Monkey Island series, Grim Fandango, Outlaws, Full Throttle, Sam & Max, Indiana Jones to name but a few.

Do you think this situation is just temporary due to George Lucas making Episodes 1, 2 and 3 from 1999-2005.

Do you think this is why they've hardly focused on any other genre?

Do you think that now the Star Wars trilogy has finally come to an end, theyll get back to what they were good at and thats making top notch adventure/point & click games, or do you think the days of playing such games are well and truly over?

Whats your opinion on this situation?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.