GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will LucasArts ever rekindle the adventure genre?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/07/05 at 19:42
Regular
"....."
I was just looking on the LucasArts site and noticed it really does go out of its way to promote the Star Wars genre.

Look at the main page [URL]http://www.lucasarts.com/[/URL]

It’s like it’s forgotten or abandoned any other kind of game focusing solely on the Star Wars franchise. Everything else seems to have been swept aside.

Out of interest, I clicked on the classic PC games section, to see it still mentions games like the Monkey Island series, Grim Fandango, Outlaws, Full Throttle, Sam & Max, Indiana Jones to name but a few.

Do you think this situation is just temporary due to George Lucas making Episodes 1, 2 and 3 from 1999-2005.

Do you think this is why they've hardly focused on any other genre?

Do you think that now the Star Wars trilogy has finally come to an end, theyll get back to what they were good at and thats making top notch adventure/point & click games, or do you think the days of playing such games are well and truly over?

Whats your opinion on this situation?
Wed 03/08/05 at 23:40
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:
> RPG's are adventures in slightly more detail.

and if you're after a decent Lucas Arts flying games then get Secret Weapons Over Normandy.
Wed 03/08/05 at 22:52
Regular
I like adventure games too.

Have a look at The Indigo Prophecy. It looks quite good.
Wed 03/08/05 at 19:36
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I'd rather they revived the X-Wing games, tbh.

Too damn right. bloody marvellous set of games.
Sat 23/07/05 at 17:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The golden age of Lucasarts is long gone. I was a bit miffed to hear they binned the sequels to Full Throttle and Sam & Max, but now I'm actually quite relieved. They haven't made a decent adventure game since Grim Fandango, while the last, great Star Wars game I played was Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.

I'm sure it's no coincidence that Lucasarts went crap as soon as it started focusing on Star Wars Episode 1 tie ins.
Fri 22/07/05 at 21:12
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Even DOS game Lucasarts did was pure gold. They were masters o fthe OS. From the advent of windows, they sucked, and the only ones worth talking about are third party licenses. Raven for example.
Wed 20/07/05 at 22:57
Regular
"8==="
RPG's are adventures in slightly more detail.
Wed 20/07/05 at 22:51
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
The monkey island series was something else. personally I think it was outdone by broken sword but I still thoroughly enjoyed it and would be happy with another game in the series...
Wed 20/07/05 at 15:09
Regular
"Captain to you."
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I'd rather they revived the X-Wing games, tbh.

I'd kinda like a Star wars/freelancer game, something epic.
Wed 20/07/05 at 14:51
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
LucasArts did Outlaws then? I had the demo of that, thought it was pretty good.
Tue 19/07/05 at 21:27
"Darkness, always"
I'd rather they revived the X-Wing games, tbh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.