GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Console..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/10/06 at 17:13
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I so want one again, all i have at the minute is my old school ones! ie NES, Megadrive 2, etc... collecting dust somewhere about the house.

I use to love going on the XBOX or PS2, sometimes even the Cube. Now i have none of them its rubbish....

Wonder if i should go on ebay and get some cheapo bargain. Just to fill in the part of me thats missing gaming! What do you think?

Or should i wait and get something like a 360 or other.

I like the PSP too.

CHOICES!
Thu 12/10/06 at 23:12
Regular
"Mooching around"
Anyone got a view on the whole FIFA vs PES debate? I'm going to get one of the two, and I'm told that FIFA 06 is the best to date, but I'm still lured by that shiny PES6 badge...
Thu 12/10/06 at 21:03
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
I loved the first one, but the second...hmmm, not so keen. I was too lazy to read it all. Tried it on the X-box when it came out, but it felt a bit dated then. The first is a classic though.
Thu 12/10/06 at 21:02
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Alfonse wrote:
> Lol, she does love Shenmue.

I do I do :)

I could play it over and over and never get bored of it. I had it on the dreamcast, the first shenmue took me forever i think i was on it 24/7.

Then when shenmue 2 came out i was so in to it. Took me about 5 days to complete.
Thu 12/10/06 at 20:44
Regular
"lets go back"
Id say get a PS2. There are thousands of games for it. It plays all of the old PS1 stuff too remember. Crash Bandicoot, Syphon Filter, Gran Turismo to name a few then there are loads of brilliant PS2 games like GTA 3 onwards and Timesplitters etc. You could pick one up really cheap and get the games at next to nothing too.
Thu 12/10/06 at 20:37
Regular
Lol, she does love Shenmue.
Thu 12/10/06 at 19:39
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
I've got an old dreamcast you could have provided you're willing to pay the postage. I'll even throw in Shenmue.
Thu 12/10/06 at 14:53
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
GAME are selling an Xbox 360 (ful system), two wireless controllers, PGR3 and another game for £299.99. If I wouldn't get murdered for taking the risk of buying, I would have it already.

Had another interview with the local GAME today. went much better than the one at the Mall, but I'll get 10% off the hardware... All the above for the price of just an Xbox 360 full system!

EDIT: Xbox, new in GAME for £49.99 or with 5 games for £99.99.
Thu 12/10/06 at 12:24
Regular
"..."
You could also get some PC games...
Thu 12/10/06 at 12:16
"possibly impossible"
So, to sum up:

Xbox - Get one if you don't want to play new games, but still want to play some great old games (and it's cheap) (£40-£70 second hand depending on games sold with it)

PS2 - Same as Xbox (£50-£90 second hand)

Gamecube - If you like Nintendo games, again, same things apply as above. (£30+ second hand)

Xbox360 - If you want fancy graphics and up-to-date games, plus some backward compatibility with the Xbox. (£299 new, you'd be lucky to get it second hand)

PS3 - If you want to remortgage ;) Again, up-to-date and backward compatible. (not out till April)

Wii - Different type of console due to the new control method, again you'd probably have to be a fan of Mario and co to get the most out of it. Not out till 8th December though (£180 new)
Thu 12/10/06 at 10:35
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Don't buy an Xbox if you want to keep up with the game market. I read in the last OXM that manufacturers are producing games up until March 2007 for them and then they're soley going to focus on the 360. That's what I'm getting next.

PS2 has loads of games and all will be backwards compatible with PS3 (so I've heard), but you'lll have to wait an eternity to get one and have to remortgage your house to afford one :D

The Cube is still around(?). Best bet is to get a 360 I think. Then download the patches to play the old Xbox games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.