GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anybody think Nintendo Will Survive the next 10 years?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/04/03 at 10:14
Regular
Questio Topic
Wed 23/04/03 at 11:52
Regular
Seto Kaiba wrote:
> Nintendo will always have a spot in the hearts of the young, but as
> for me... PS2!!!!

Bah, get out of here.
Wed 23/04/03 at 03:25
Regular
Nintendo will always have a spot in the hearts of the young, but as for me... PS2!!!!
Mon 21/04/03 at 19:39
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
hrmm... If Gaming still becomes one of the biggest industries of the world, Yes. It will continue too create new ideas and always have Ups and downs during that time. But they have experience and also Creativity, Any company will stay as long as they live anyway... "what Millionare would ever stop staying as a Millionare?" =P
Mon 21/04/03 at 19:28
Regular
10 years is a long time - so I'm not certain, but they'll definately last quite a while longer. At the moment, they are consistantly making profit (I believe more than Sony), they have 2 major consoles available, both of which are sold above the manufacturing cost, and there are loads of great games on both. Nope, they're not going to beat the PS2, but I'd be very surprised if Nintendo stop altogether any time soon.
Mon 21/04/03 at 14:02
Regular
20 years?

20 years ago they were just an average run of the mill arcade company who would later become massive by releasing the Nes.

They were quite well known for the Donkey Kong Arcade though, which later became a Nes launch game.
Things didn't REALLY pick up until Super Mario Bros broke into the mainstream world...
Mon 21/04/03 at 13:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hob Goblin wrote:
> Nintendo are going down.

---

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

No.
Mon 21/04/03 at 13:49
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Dr Duck wrote:

> Then again, a lot can change in 10 years, and it only took 2 consoles
> to take sega out, and only one of those (saturn) was what you could
> call bad.

Panzer Dragoon series, NiGHTS, Athlete Kings, Sonic R, Sonic Jam, Radiant Silvergun, Daytona, SEGA Rally etc

I would hardly call it bad. It has some of the most memorable (for me) games in the history of gaming, and still sits proud next to my dreamcast, xbox, gamecube and PS2.
Mon 21/04/03 at 13:37
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I see no Problem with Ninty. Sales targets are always too optimistic anyway, and plenty of 'cubes have been shipped.

And remember. Nintendo are the company making the profit on consoles, not Sony or MS (Not that it matters to them anyway...).
Mon 21/04/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Nintendo go down?
Not fo a long time. They've been going since 1888 so, i don't think they'll be going in a hurry. Plus, they've made so much profit on the GC they will not fail.
Mon 21/04/03 at 12:32
Regular
Hob Goblin wrote:
> Nintendo are going down.

As are your pants with the weight of the urine...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.