GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Two questions for those who know their movies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/04/03 at 18:30
Regular
Ok in Doritos at the moment you sometimes get a little voucher for either a free Blockbuster movie rental or a free cinema (I forget which one)ticket. Anyhoo I have two of the Blockbuster ones and I'm going to rent me a film tomorrow but there's a catch. To get your rental you have to correctly state the name of a film from a clue printed inside the voucher.

Mine are:

Brando Heads Extended 'Family'

Break Code, Beat Germans

I'm thinking the first is The Godfather but am not sure on the second. So if you have any answers or comments on whether the first is right, please post them here ASAP.

Thanks
Mon 21/04/03 at 17:01
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Scream.
Mon 21/04/03 at 16:57
Regular
"One More Chance"
I need help on one I got. It says "Ghost face slashes teens".

I'm thinking Scream or Scary Movie.
Fri 18/04/03 at 19:58
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Yup it was Godfather. Used it earlier and they don't really seem to mind what's written on there...unless it's the answer thats written under that 'Void' box they scratch off. Got Mr Deeds. I know it's not a classic but I've been meaning to watch it since before it came out. It's alright but it's no Happy Gilmore.
Fri 18/04/03 at 18:40
Regular
"Hmmm....."
My first thought for the first one was 'A Streetcar Named Desire' as Marlon Brando's character lives with Stella and her sister, Blanche. However, I think everyone else is right with 'The Godfather'
Fri 18/04/03 at 15:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I havent got any vouchers yet :(. Walkers LIE they say there is a 1 in 4 chance of winning, I have had 5 packs and haven't won yet.

The second one is a toss up between Enigma and A Beautiful Mind.
Fri 18/04/03 at 14:32
Regular
"That's right!"
Second one won't be U571, as they don't break the code in that. The Americans just re-write history.

Could be Enigma, but since somebody mentioned it, it could (but not likely) be A Beautiful Mind. I'd say Enigma though.
Fri 18/04/03 at 12:32
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Garlic Bread!? wrote:
> How bout this one "Fresh prince saves world" ????
>
> That could be Men in black or Independance day!?

That's stupid of them because there's as much chance of it being either one of them! I think it could be Independance day as MIB would probably have a Tommy Lee Jones refference and ID was Smith's first big thing after Fresh Prince. But who knows?
Fri 18/04/03 at 12:28
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I think it's safe to say the first is The Godfather so I shall use that one today. I'm thinking you may be right about A Beautiful Mind but I'll wait and see with that one. I also think that Leo one is The Beach too.

Some of them are quite hard, eh? I'm guessing they're hoping to give away as little as possible. Oh yeah and there are no choices on the cards, just the clue.
Thu 17/04/03 at 23:04
"The Will of D."
I have no idea about the first one about the extended "family" of Brando, but I think i have an idea about the 'break code. beat Germans' thing I definetly think it's "A Beautiful Mind" where this guy in the 1940's is discoved that he is the best code breaker the world has seen, and he used his skills to help the Americans figure out what the German codes were saying.
Thu 17/04/03 at 22:57
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
'Dole Que Dance Routine'

Full Monty. Gotta be.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.