GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One - nil!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/04/03 at 20:30
Regular
GOAL VAN NISTELROOY!

What a genius that man is. Heh.
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:21
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
With the straight red, Sol WOULD miss the final.

They should stick Gilberto at centre back, and have a midfield of

Ljunberg | Pires | Parlour | Wiltord
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:16
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I wonder if Campbell will be able to play in the FA Cup final, as it would be a big downside for him if he does. I just hope the FA sees sense.
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:06
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Campbell shouldn't have been sent off, but then Henry's second goal shouldn't have counted.

Question is, will Sol's absence for the next few games cost Arsenal the four (effectively) points that goal has saved them?

It seems unlikely, but then if Cygan makes an appearance at center back I wouldn't bet against it...
Thu 17/04/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Good game of football which makes the title still even between two teams. It could all go down to goal difference providing that both teams go through the matches undefeated.

Man United will have a tough task against Blackburn, which I think could end up a draw.

Also think that Sol Campbell should never of got sent off. It was a foul but I don't think that he intended to use an elbow.
Thu 17/04/03 at 13:08
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
El Blokey wrote:
> It looked like one from his angle, yes, but slow it down and you can
> tell it wasn't deliberate violent conduct, so shouldn't have been a
> red card.

From what the lino saw, he elbowed him. You can't say that it wasn't a red card because the lino clearly saw a deliberate elbow from that angle and that's a red.

Maybe it will work for him when they see the other replays.

Just, why did he have to stop and push him back like that in the first place? It would have been a foul and a yellow card for him deliberatly trying to push him.

A moment of stupidity, he didn't need to do that.
Thu 17/04/03 at 13:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
But have you seen the Fan Zone commentary on Sky Sports News??

That's even better!! :D
Thu 17/04/03 at 12:53
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Solskjær wrote:
> I have to admit that I do not believe Sol Campbell deserved to be
> red-carded for 'that incident'. By all means, he deserved a yellow for
> the use of an elbow in the face - whether it was intended or not. But
> the fact is that after numorous replays, you can see it wasn't
> intended, and that he HAD actually tried to hand-off Solskjaer -
> which, in it's own right, could've also seen him enter the book.

^^^ listen to this man.

> And I think that hearing the views of the officials in
> discussion should be something we are given access to, via.
> microphones, or something. I reckon it'd come in handy for those FA
> hearings - and no-doubt it'll be included when Campbell tries to plead
> his innocense.

It works in rugby, but that sport's whole atmosphere and ethos is very different. The amount of foul language you'd hear would be unnacceptable.

> Best part of the game was when Cole 'apparently' kicked at the
> grounded Ryan Giggs

Haha, that was hilarious. They showed the replay, with Ljunberg kicking Giggs a foot off the ground...then Ashley Cole just walking by the incident, doing nothing. Hah.
Thu 17/04/03 at 12:52
Regular
When you are trying to gain a yard you have to use your arms he didn't just look behind him and elbowed him.
Thu 17/04/03 at 12:46
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I have to admit that I do not believe Sol Campbell deserved to be red-carded for 'that incident'. By all means, he deserved a yellow for the use of an elbow in the face - whether it was intended or not. But the fact is that after numorous replays, you can see it wasn't intended, and that he HAD actually tried to hand-off Solskjaer - which, in it's own right, could've also seen him enter the book.

I was amazed to see the cameras were actually allowed that-close to the refferee and his assiatant. I thought there would be things against it...? And I think that hearing the views of the officials in discussion should be something we are given access to, via. microphones, or something. I reckon it'd come in handy for those FA hearings - and no-doubt it'll be included when Campbell tries to plead his innocense.

Great goals from van Nistelrooy, and I was stunned at the sight of how well we domnated in the first-half. O'Shea had another good game, and I was almost as surprised to see him subbed at half-time as I was to see him actually start the game. I reckon we could've gone on to win the game, had he remained on the pitch... Wes Brown did a bloody-good job at the back too, and made Henry almost 'invisible' throughout the first-45-minutes. Some great, solid Roy Keane-style challenges, there, also.

Surely he deserves Danny Mills' place in the England squad?!?!

But I don't know what happened in the second-half...
Arséne Wenger had onviously "had words", and they were ready to actually take-part in the game, so it seemed... And after the sheer LUCK of Ashley Cole's goal (was Henry offside then?!?!?), and the goal that shouldn't have been; aswell as 2 corners that should've clearly been goal-kicks... Arsénal got off VERY lightly!

We could've been 3-0-up by half-time, and hardly deserved to conceed even a single goal.

Best part of the game was when Cole 'apparently' kicked at the grounded Ryan Giggs, and the Welshman walked towards him calling "Ashley F'-ing Cole!!!"! But I don't think the word was "Cole", either.... :D

And has anyone seen the highlights of the Fan Zone commentary on SkySports News??? Absolutley brilliant!! Especially when Giggs' equaliser goes in! :D

You have to watch it -- put channel 408 on... NOW!!
"YEEEEEESSS!!! YEEEEEEESSSS!!!! SHUTUP YOU FLAMIN' MUPPET!!!!!"

:D
Thu 17/04/03 at 12:44
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
It looked like one from his angle, yes, but slow it down and you can tell it wasn't deliberate violent conduct, so shouldn't have been a red card. It was a mistimed tackle, not a swinging of the elbow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.