GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Query for the Pro-War Lobby"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/04/03 at 15:37
Regular
That is, those tubthumping pro-war ladies and gentlemen who never allow hard facts to get in the way of a good days crowing.

Here's a thing or two about your remarkably ill-thought through blusterings;
You're all saying "See! See! Told you, stupid hippies" and conveniently forgetting that at no point did "Anti-War" mean "Pro-Saddam"

The reasons for going to war are still invalid. NO womd found or used, NO UN approval, civilians injured in the thousands etc etc

And just what the hell has happened to Saddam then? I thought we weren't stopping until he was dead?
So where is he?

I hope that some intelligent pro-war people will take the time to respond to this. Doubtless the more moronic among them will take another opportunity to ignore the entire question and respond with their usual reality-free tirade...
Wed 16/04/03 at 17:15
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
But none of the anti-war lobby were for leaving Hussein in power. They were and are against war because the reasons offered were fantasyland, and they still are.
Saddam Hussein is a threat to world peace? Yeah, that's why it took 3 weeks to overpower his regime huh? His troops surrendering in their thousands, outdated tanks and no womd used.
So just how was he a threat?
And lo and behold, they start on Syria now because they harbour "chemical weapons", but doing nothing about Israel who have exactly the same.

The reasons for no war still stand, and a magnanimous "victor" such as darling little Belldandy loses purely because foaming righteous glee is as bad as pant-straining lust for war.

And the way they're promoting the little kid with no arms, flying him to Kuwait? Oh please. There are thousands upon thousands of people begging for water and electricity, but we're supposed to feel bad for being suspicious of the US and UK's motives because of one little kid?
F*F**k that and f*F**k your misty eyed heroic rescue acts for white female soldiers.
F*F**k your claims of Iraq being a major threat, when 6 UK casualties were the result of Iraqis, and the other 23 were "blue on blue" fatalities.

This is a sham war, a sham "occupation" and a sham president shooting his war-cum across the roF**k-hard map his daddy left behind in the Oval Office.
Wed 16/04/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
It's not the Coalition's fault that Saddam is in hiding. What did you expect, they reach Baghdad and Saddam would be waiting with the kettle on? They've zoomed through most of the country to get to a few strategic towns; a lot of the North hasn't even been touched yet. When exactly in this where they supposed to find WOMD? Just lying around in the streets? Maybe in a cupboard labelled "BIG BOMBS DAT GO *BOOM*" in one of the palaces? The ousted regime had to hide these, and in a country with plenty of desert and unknown amounts of underground complexes they can be hidden pretty well.

Why would the UN agree now all of a sudden? Why is the UN's agreement important anyway? This outdated hot air factory based on post a post WWII world. Is it right to overthrow a tyrant who kills and tortures his people? Is it right to ensure a more even distribution of the wealth so that people can eat? Yeah, there have been problems, but that's what happens in a war (and its aftermath). People get hurt, no one likes that, but greater good is what you should be looking at.
Wed 16/04/03 at 16:05
"Mimmargh!"
Let's face it. America is the superpower or Empire of the day. Just like Babylon, Egypt, Rome or the British Empire before it. Its about maintaining it's power. While I may disagree with such 'imperial' tendencies I have a choice. Go with Europe or the US. Europe is well on it's way to becoming a super state, something that will probably come about in the next 100 years. But I have more in commen with American culture than European continential culture. Thus it is just the old game of power politics with Iraq just a sideshow.

I think the true purpose of the war was not to get oil or intimidate the Arab world but possibly a bigger picture. Europe is gradually becoming more like one federal government and China is moving leaps and bounds, with Communism just a nationalistic facade. Thus if the US can create a pro-American Iraq democracy then maybe some are hoping that once the ecomomy takes off (such as post war West Germany or Japan)then the nation of Iraq will be rich. To the average Arab, it may be hoped, it will seem this is the result of a democracy. Then it could well spread into the despotisms of the rest of the Middle-East. Creating a pro-US democratic bloc to counter the growing power of China and Europe.

Also, by removing Sadaam the US removes the threat to Saudi-Arabia and thus in the next few decades will be able to remove its troops from the whole area, the main source of trouble, and leave another pro-US state in the Middle-East (the other being Isreal).

Or it could be a load of cowboys wanting to secure some oil for their monster trucks and mountain wagons for another 10 years. Indeed I think it is very unlikely that there are WOMD in Iraq, rather this was and excuse for other motives. Either way nothing, war or not, can be truly justified since the notion of legally sanctioning war is just a late 20th Century Western concept so liberal folk can sleep well at night.

As for Sadaam's dissapeerence? Well I believe his body has simply been wiped out from a bomb, as I believe Bin Ladans has, and thus no one will ever really know.

As for the UN, since when has it had any power without the backing of the US. Lets face it, it's just a tool for the US or moreover the West to keep the world in check. Indeed its center in in New York, no? Plus, if the Soviet Union had not been boycotting the UN just before UN troops were sent into Korea to fight the North Korean Communist forces then the USSR would almost certainly have vetoed the decision and the US would have sent forces anyway. Thus I belive it would just have collapsed thier and then.

Still it's not really my concern since I cannot yet vote on the governing of the nation for another few months. And even if I could this is still power play by governments and elites and I do not think democracy will have a significant impact on this.

That is all.
Wed 16/04/03 at 15:37
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
That is, those tubthumping pro-war ladies and gentlemen who never allow hard facts to get in the way of a good days crowing.

Here's a thing or two about your remarkably ill-thought through blusterings;
You're all saying "See! See! Told you, stupid hippies" and conveniently forgetting that at no point did "Anti-War" mean "Pro-Saddam"

The reasons for going to war are still invalid. NO womd found or used, NO UN approval, civilians injured in the thousands etc etc

And just what the hell has happened to Saddam then? I thought we weren't stopping until he was dead?
So where is he?

I hope that some intelligent pro-war people will take the time to respond to this. Doubtless the more moronic among them will take another opportunity to ignore the entire question and respond with their usual reality-free tirade...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.