GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I am so MAD!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/04/03 at 16:48
Regular
I just got stopped by the police and I hadn't done anything wrong.

Let me take you through what just happened.

A. I leave my house to return a DVD (K-PAX) to my local Apollo.
B. I decide to take the scenic route and walk through the park.
C. A police car STOPS me outside the park.
D. I am alone and its 1 cop in a van. (A pig in a blanket)
E. He tells me that he is searching me because someone fitting my description has TRIED to steal a bike.
F. He takes my details and waits for 2 other cos to come and see if I match the description.
G. One of the cops says I dont look Greek enough and lets me go.

I am so mad, I have lived there my whole life and must have walked through that park a thousand times and this is the first time I have ever been stopped. I wasn't searched so I can't even complain to the authorities. What's your view on this?
Tue 15/04/03 at 15:09
Regular
"That's right!"
Ha ha, that reminds me of the time I was at a house party, and the girl's brother came in and started throwing people out. My mates and I went out, with our still half full crate of Bud, but then had to drop it when a riot van came by and stopped outside the house (we were only 16) When we came back, we were told the police had picked it up and taken it with them. Cheeky beggers, heh.
Tue 15/04/03 at 15:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Me and my friends got thrown out a house one night

No where to sleep as none of us had keys to our houses and we'd told our parents we were going to somebody elses house and they wouldn't be too pleased to be woken up at 4am

So we fell asleep on benches at our old primary school, somebody phonned the police and we almost got thrown in a van.

We never even bloody done anything and never really brokw into school grounds as well there is no fences
Tue 15/04/03 at 14:49
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Slaveunit wrote:
> My personal best is being stopped on my motorbike by 3 different
> coppers in one 4 mile journey.

Damn straight. Man + motorbike = thug.
Tue 15/04/03 at 14:31
Regular
"That's right!"
Would you rather they NEVER stopped ANYBODY because "he's been living there for years"

All murderers/rapists live SOMEWHERE! Chances are they may get arrested near where they live.

Funny story - A load of us were at my mate's house, and obviously we all left at the end of the night. Walking home by himself, my mate Fos was stopped by police for raping somebody! They had a description of "tall, wearing white" and my mate is 6"5 and had bright white pants and a white t-shirt on. They asked him where he'd been and he said a mate's, but like me, he couldn't give them the address because he didn't know it. I don't even know the house number for some of my mates, nevermind the street name. Luckily, as they were talking to him they got a call in from some other officers saying they'd arrested the guy, so they let my mate go.

As if that wasn't bad enough, a year or so before that he was stopped and asked about robbing a bank. Seriously, he was walking along somewhere and they stopped him and asked him where he'd been, accusing him of breaking in to the building with a crowbar or something that they'd just seen him dispose of. Except it wasn't a crowbar, it was one of those ice lollie things (the long ones in the clear plastic packaging) that he'd just finished and thrown away as they came up.

Some people just have bad luck.
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:54
Regular
Hmmm, if I were in your situation, I would have told them to take me down the station. I dunno why, just would.

This guy in my local Alldays tried searching me cos he thought I had stolen an ice lolly. He started feeling in my pockets and everywhere, so I said something along the lines of "Stop touching me and phone the bloody police". He let me leave the store, as the law was all against me. He knew he shouldn't have touched me, so he let it go.
Tue 15/04/03 at 12:50
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Let it go, as someone said, you'd expect them to do the same if it was your bike that was nicked...

My personal best is being stopped on my motorbike by 3 different coppers in one 4 mile journey.
Tue 15/04/03 at 02:13
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
S'pose their just doing their job eh?

They're not going to say "Look, did you try nick a bike earlier?"

They can do what they like.
Mon 14/04/03 at 18:12
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Saying you were there boils down to admitting it, just they didn't have to prompt you. Jesus, you won't get a record, calm down.
Mon 14/04/03 at 18:08
Regular
"She's a dog!"
What annoyed me the most is what the officer wrote down.

'Grounds: Not searched

Person macthed description of suspect for a theft. When questioned admitted to being in OakHill Park where offence had taken place.'

It is the admitted to being in oakhill park, pfft I didnt admit anything, I explained I was walking through park and asked why he was stopping me.
Mon 14/04/03 at 18:04
Regular
"She's a dog!"
El Blokey wrote:
> What the hell? They had a description of a thief, you fitted the
> description but then decided it wasn't you so let you go. What's to
> complain about?!

When put like that it doesn't sound like much but it was just inconvenient at the time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.