GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We're on our way to Cardiff!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/01/01 at 22:27
Regular
YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!! League Cup Final here we come!! What a performance, excellent game. Murphys first was goal of the match, Fowler had a brilliant match and great to see him score at the end he deserved it. Credit to Palace to get this far and give us a rocky first leg, but we thoroughly decerved to go through.
Look forward to meeting Birmingham or Ipswich in the final. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!
Sat 27/01/01 at 16:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Don't give a rats left testicle if its league, F.A or premiership mate - its a trophy. Its another honour to the list and its also a backup into europe if things go wrong in the league.
And hey, next year - it could well be the champions league me and the other Liverpool fans are celebrating :-)

And you might laugh, but look at how Leeds have done. Plus we've beaten the 3 English teams in the champions league and we have a good squad, so i don't see why we can't do very well in the CL.

Makes me laugh how people slate the league cup - always changes once their in the final themselves. And just think, it was being eliminated from that cup that stopped United achieving the Quad rather than the treble.
Given the choice i know which of the 2 i'd rather achieve.

Fri 26/01/01 at 22:20
Regular
Savatt, your on the way to win the LEAGUE CUP not the Champions league.
Fri 26/01/01 at 22:16
Regular
"Whatever!"
Dammit - I should have known that!! Been trying to work it out for ages!!
Fri 26/01/01 at 20:53
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
An ARSEnal fan no10 ? Got something to say to ya......

Liverpool 4
ARSEnal 0

;-p
Fri 26/01/01 at 19:20
Answer to the 1987 Littlewoods cup final question :

It was the first time that Liverpool had lost ANY match in which Ian Rush had scored.
Fri 26/01/01 at 16:55
A wretched season ?. I suppose by our own high standards you could be right. However, we are still very much in contention for a Champions League spot. We are still in the FA Cup and, who knows, maybe Tony Adams will be holding the Champions League trophy aloft in the San Siro in May.

If Arsenal win the CL it will be a great season. If we win the FA cup and qualify for next seasons CL it will be a good season. If we just qualify for the CL next season without winning any silverware then it will be just about OK. We may have lost sight of Manure in championship race but there is still everything to play for.

I can't believe that no Liverpool fan knows the answer to the question from earlier today. Call yourselves fans ?.
Fri 26/01/01 at 11:07
Ho ho! Do I detect a bit of jealousy Mr no 10? Just because Arsenal are having such a wretched season, there's no need for sour grapes, is there?
Fri 26/01/01 at 10:52
Correction to previous post :

The question relates to the 1987 Littlewoods cup final (Liverpool v Arsenal) not the 1997 cup final as posted.
Fri 26/01/01 at 10:50
Arsenal lost 3-2 to Luton in 1988 and it was the Littlewoods cup final. It was a strange game (Winterburn missed a second half penalty which would have put Arsenal 3-1 up). Luton then equalised and Brain Stein scored a last minute winner. (Yes I am a football anorak).

The previous season Arsenal beat Liverpool 2-1 in the Littlewoods cup final. Rush put Liverpool ahead but Arsenal went on to win with two goals from Charlie Nicholas. That was George Grahams first trophy for Arsenal.

That 1997 Littlewoods cup final famous for breaking an incredible goalscoring record - does anyone know the details ?.

I will post the answer tonight.
Fri 26/01/01 at 10:04
Regular
"not dead"
Didn't Arsenal once lose to Luton in the League Cup Final, back in the days when it was the Milk Cup!

In recent years this cup has gone into decline a little. Even the promise of a European place hasn't drawn anyone to it. When was the last time 4 Premier League teams reached the semi-finals?

Still I guess it is better than winning nothing, but as a Man Utd fan, I wouldn't know much about that....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.