GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband pricing?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/04/03 at 14:01
Regular
Hi all - not been here for a long time, but I'm looking at Broadband options at the moment.

Freeola want £69 or so for activation, while BT are doing it for free. I have a modem already, so why should I spend the money with Freeola?

Or maybe Freeola are just a bit slow in changing their pricing?
Sat 12/04/03 at 14:01
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Hi all - not been here for a long time, but I'm looking at Broadband options at the moment.

Freeola want £69 or so for activation, while BT are doing it for free. I have a modem already, so why should I spend the money with Freeola?

Or maybe Freeola are just a bit slow in changing their pricing?
Sat 12/04/03 at 14:17
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Well BT have stopped free activation, I dont know whether you mean BT broadband or BT in general. The thing is that BT charges ISPs a activation fee of £50 I think, so you basically have to pay it. Sometimes you get an offer where its free and the ISP pays for it, or BT actually give free activation like they have done for the past few months.
Sat 12/04/03 at 18:14
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
OK, here's a cut/paste copy of what BT Openworld are offering:

==========

We've PERMANENTLY slashed the cost of our Home 500 Plug & Go line activation to FREE! (previously £65).

AND we're offering a special price on the Plug & Go Modem and filters pack (inc postage). You pay just £50 (previously £85). That's a possible total saving of £100!

PLUS... if you order online today you'll get an extra £10 off (deducted from your 2nd month's payment).

===========

I'd like to stick with Freeola, but what's the incentive? It would cost me £100 extra. Will Freeola match these prices from BT?
Sat 12/04/03 at 20:09
Regular
"bing bang bong"
doc693 wrote:
> I'd like to stick with Freeola, but what's the incentive?

That you don't have BTOpenWorld as your ISP.
Sun 13/04/03 at 00:47
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The force is strong in this one. BT do suck.
Sun 13/04/03 at 09:40
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
That may be so, but I'm just hoping that Freeola will do something about their own activation prices.
Sun 13/04/03 at 09:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Ever wonder why they need to virtually give away their service?
Sun 13/04/03 at 10:33
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'd pass on BT myself.
Sun 13/04/03 at 13:11
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
BTopenworld's not to bad - but then I do get it at a reduced price :op
Sun 13/04/03 at 13:13
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
BTopenworld's not too bad - but then I do get it at a reduced price :op

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.