GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me a Movie"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/04/03 at 09:44
Regular
There once was a time when you could click on a few threads and read about films that you probably weren't aware of, and you'd then go rent them, and realise they were good.

Many a time have I rented a film suggested to me by other members of the forums, and more often than not, they've been worth seeing.

But now, those threads just don't seem to exist.

I don't get why, people still watch movies, don't they?

So come on folks, recommend a film you've seen lately. I'm not talking about those big blockbuster movies that everyone will know, but those hidden delights, which they only have one copy of in Blockbuster.

I haven't rented much lately, but thought that 'Frailty' was great for a bit of murder, and religious wacko stuff. Well, I liked it.

So, what would you recommend?
Fri 11/04/03 at 20:45
Regular
"cachoo"
Dazed and Confused is a really good film. Not sure what it was like in the Box Office. It's on Sky sometimes now. Every week or so.

It's just another typical teen movie, but with no murders. It's a happy film.
Fri 11/04/03 at 21:09
Regular
"Hallelujah"
If you havent seen it then Reservoir dogs, otherwise American history X, both classics (ooo and Pulp Fiction) anyone getting an idea of the kind of films i like?
Fri 11/04/03 at 21:25
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
One Hour Photo, starring Robin Williams.
It's very good, the acting is top class.
Fri 11/04/03 at 21:53
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Leon
Donnie Darko
Out Cold (pretty cool teen type comedy)
Fri 11/04/03 at 22:45
Regular
"That's right!"
American History X (though I'm sure you've seen it)
Raging Bull
Sat 12/04/03 at 09:13
Regular
Withnail & I
Sat 12/04/03 at 12:13
Regular
"not dead"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> American History X (though I'm sure you've seen it)

Yeah, but I thought that American History IX was better. ;o)

Very good movie, though I can't watch the kirb-biting bit.
Sat 12/04/03 at 12:38
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
The Matrix. Probably my favourite film, and the theme tune is played by Rage Against The Machine (Favourite Band!). You need to watch it more than once to understand it properly but it's a great film!
Sat 12/04/03 at 12:48
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:

> Very good movie, though I can't watch the kirb-biting bit.

*shudders*

Makes my mouth hurt just thinking about it.

I recommend

Tenebrae - great little murder filled romp from the mater that is Dario Argento, his best film in my opinion and highly recommended. Full of suspense and much more intelligent than the majority of Horror films, also I think it's available uncut in the UK so that's a bonus.

House of 1000 Corpses - good mindless popcorn munching Horror fun, from Metal dude Rob Zombie. Very similiar in storyline to Texas Chainsaw Massacre, just a bit more mindless.
Sat 12/04/03 at 15:14
"period drama"
The Princess Bride.

Yes, it has the crappest title ever, but is actually quite good.
Watch it - everbody. You won't regret it.
It's got Colombo in it ..... as someone else.
And Andre the Giant.
What more could you want?

Whatever, just go and get it.
YeY.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.