GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Leaving home"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/04/03 at 14:02
Regular
As I approach 18 i've started to wonder wheather or not I should wander out into the big wide world and live my own life without anyone watching over me. Wandering out into the big wide world is a big step for anyone but my case is slightly different, let me explain.

What I would like to do is once I turn 18 is to leave home and start a life in another country (most likely the states) some may call me brave and others may call me stupid but to tell the truth i'm probably a bit of both. Why do I want do do this? Well I don't really know, I just do maybe it's because i'm tired of being treated like a kid and having to be tethered up with a leash, or maybe it's because I just want a fresh start, away from foes and away from the constant moaning and groaning of my parents.

You may think i'm being a bit selfish, maybe I am, who cares we're all entitled to be selfish once in a while.You may also ask why would I want to leave the conforts of home? the most likely answer is We can't stay with our parents all the time and we have to leave home at some stage.
Another question you might ask, why leave the country? well I'm not to sure i'd be able to answer that but it's just something I want to do.

As I sit pondering what I should do I think about what I would be leaving behind and what I will be greeted by. It's a big place out there not to mention a dangerous one, but we allshould take a walk on the wild side at some time or another right?

Whatever my choice one thing is for certain, it's my choice and nothing will change that.
For anyone else thinking along the same lines here's my advice, think long and hard, it may change your life for better or for worse but do what you think is best and do what YOU want to do, just like we all should
Fri 11/04/03 at 10:33
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I am going to move to Canada when I have finished university in England. Hurray for me.
Fri 11/04/03 at 10:29
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Any chance you can get a uni place in another part of the country?

You can have my spare room if you like, as long as you pay rent, do all my washing and ironing, and make me breakfast in the mornings.... :)
Thu 10/04/03 at 16:25
Regular
"Hallelujah"
18!? 18 and leaving!? madness. i'm not saying you should be a 37year old living with his parents (who still live with their parents) but you still got some more time there, save your money for a couple of years and go somewhere nice. Thans what i say.
Thu 10/04/03 at 16:16
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
http://www.larards.co.uk/moving/property-index.html

see for yourself
Thu 10/04/03 at 16:12
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
NOOOO WAY!

Right, expect the Loverman to be spreading his seed up there soon!
Thu 10/04/03 at 14:58
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
4 bedroomed detached in a very nice area
Thu 10/04/03 at 14:57
"I hate that!!!"
I'd probably rent a flat somehwre to start of with, then find a Job, once i've settled in who knows?
Thu 10/04/03 at 14:35
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Rosalind wrote:
> you would be hard pushed to be able to spend that much here

How annoying is that! Say i sold my gaff for £100k then, what would that get me in Hull?
Thu 10/04/03 at 14:35
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Have you considered going to University? You're at the right age, and living in halls away from home is just like the real thing, only a lot cheaper. It has the added advantage of making you friends somewhere else in the country, and sharing a house is A LOT cheaper and more interesting than living on your own (just make sure you get good people and a good house). It's a gentle introduction to the brutal world of being self-sufficient.

Oh, and there's a qualification at the end of it too :O)
Thu 10/04/03 at 14:34
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
you would be hard pushed to be able to spend that much here

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.