GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rage Against The Machine"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/04/03 at 21:04
Regular
Hi.

I'd like to introduce everybody (Who hasn't yet heard of them) to an old band. Admittedly they did split up a few years ago, but they were a fantastic band. They were called Rage Against The Machine and they ROCKED!!!! The music was rock/metal, but the lyrics were rapped over the top of it. The drummer was Brad Wilk, the bassist was Tim Commerford, the vocalist was Zack de la Rocha, and the guitarist was the amazing Tom Morrello. All of them were amazingly talented, especially Zack and Tom. Zack was not only the singer, but also the main song writer for the band, and he could also play guitar, drums and bass. Tom Morrello was, and still is, probably one of the greatest guitarists ever. He was not only renound for his amazing speed and fantastic solos, but also his extensive use to effects, including phaser, whammy and harmoniser. Above all though was his unique understanding and application of the advanced techniques of playing guitar which are normally used sparingly in solos by other guitarists. He could hit a pinched or tapped harmonic perfectly, 10 times out of 10, at any position on the fret board, and use a combination of effects and the pick-up selector switch to make his guitar mimick turn-tables by playing dead notes. He has been voted Best Guitarist 4 times in a row, and is down as on of Total Guitar magazine's "Guitar Gods". A trademark of Rage was never using synthesisers, sampling, or any other kind of effects in their music, only the instruments. Their main focus point was that Rage were an extremly political band. The took part in countless protests on and off stage, and the lyrics to nearly all of their song were political. They have won numerous music awards and done several Tours. They have many albumbs out including Evil Empire, Best of Rage, The Battle Of Los Angoles, Rage Against The Machine, and Renegades. All of these have gone at least single platinum, most double. Recently Zack de la Rocha left the band to go solo, and the 3 remaining band members recruited singer Chris Cornell, and became Audioslave. The official Rage Against The Machine website is simply http://www.ratm.com . It contains far more additional information on the band than i currently have the time or the patients to dig up and include in this message. I don't really know that much about the band (Say's he who's just written 400 words on them!) but I know that they were a truly amazing (and one of the most influential) rock bands ever. If you like rock music, you'll LOVE Rage Against The Machine, trust me.

Thanks for reading!

Rattle snake3
Sun 20/04/03 at 17:57
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
I wonder if the strange looking native Indian drummer can sing (his name escapes me)
Sun 20/04/03 at 17:23
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
I wonder if Tom Morello can sing....
Sun 20/04/03 at 13:09
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Perhaps it's a coincidence (I think not)
Sun 20/04/03 at 13:08
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
That episode was just on
Sat 19/04/03 at 23:04
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
That was on earlier but i missed it
Anyway, Guitar Vader are the best band ever!
Sat 19/04/03 at 23:00
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Mwuah. Ever heard of Phish food by Ben and Jerry's? Well, it's named after Phish.

They even made an appearance on the Simpsons. The episode where Homer gets marijuana prescribed.
Sat 19/04/03 at 22:58
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Who's Phish?
Sat 19/04/03 at 22:56
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Phish is the best band ever.
Sat 19/04/03 at 22:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Dr Giblets wrote:
>Chris Cornell is much better at Zack than actually
> singing, as Beatiful World was quite funny.

I like that song.

Hehe.

Its nice.
Sat 19/04/03 at 22:42
Audioslave are boring, RAGE rule. Hope Zack gate crashes Reading and kicks Cornells butt, then says "FCUK you i wont do what you tell me"!, be funny because FCUK doesnt make sense

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.