GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have You Ever Noticed??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/01/01 at 22:28
Regular
I always thought that Tekken 2 had brilliant graphics for a game of its age.
I also thought that Tekken 3 and F1 2000 had great graphics.

I hadn't played Tekken 2 for a while-I'd been to engrossed in Tekken Tag Tournament.

Today, I played Tekken 2. The graphics were....rubbish compared to the graphics on TTT.

Of course, this is to be expected. But, it's surprising. You've always thought a game had great graphics, until you see the next version on a different console.

It's the same with F1 2000. I compare them to F1 World Championship Season 2000 on PS2, and....you can't compare them really!!

I played Driver 2 for the first time today. I was so surprised when I saw the graphics. I thought they were extremely poor!!
Of course, the graphics are great for a PSX game, but when you've played a PS2, you really notice the difference.

Also, you begin to notice all the pixels and polygons more!!
I'd never really noticed them before, but all of a sudden, they're as clear as daylight!!

Has anyone else experienced this??

What this shows, is that there is a big difference in the capabilty of the consoles.
The people who said that the PS2 is no better than the PSX have no idea what they're talking about!!

Thanks for reading, Ant.

PS- Just thought I'd tell ya, my mate today called the PSOne a P-Sone!! LOL!!
Sat 27/01/01 at 14:57
Regular
And DK, using better graphics and new levels...
Sat 27/01/01 at 14:42
Regular
hopefully the GBA version should play like the snes version and i cant even begin to imagine how good it will be on gamecube. it will be on another level
Sat 27/01/01 at 12:21
A really good example is Donkey Kong 64. When you go into the DK arcade, you can see how the graphics really suffer.
Sat 27/01/01 at 11:12
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Ortega : I think pretty much everybody prefered the original Mario Kart to the N64 version... which I understand is somthing they intendo to rectify with the GBA and GC versions?!?!?
Sat 27/01/01 at 11:00
Regular
good example of this could be mario kart. personaly i liked the original more on the snes. but i suppose as u can play 4 player on 64 it just edges the snes version.
Fri 26/01/01 at 08:05
Regular
"not dead"
Dan_uk wrote:

>It's not just the graphics that improve.

Unfortunately with some sequels or follow-ups, it is only the graphics that improve!
Thu 25/01/01 at 21:55
Regular
The weapons are just not as good aswell.
Thu 25/01/01 at 21:45
Regular
Also, after playing Perfect Dark, I found the Goldeneye wasn't as smooth as it used to be.

It's not just the graphics that improve.
Thu 25/01/01 at 21:34
Regular
a few games on the psx have good graphics but none of them compare to the 64 graphics. okay, u get your life like fmv things, but u aint playing the game while they are on.
i have to agree the 64 was pushed to the max with perfect dark. playing the mulitplayer with 3 mates and 4 cpu simulants rules. something that could never be produced on the psx. the only reason they can get good graphics with games like mgs is because they have no multiplayer. if multiplayer was removed from PD then the graphics would be even more breathtaking
Thu 25/01/01 at 18:33
Regular
Perfect Dark pushes it to the max.
IT allows you to have 8 bots in the game and they have cooperation and counter op, that works fine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.