GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Did you know...?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/01/09 at 16:50
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The more observant of you will have noticed a recent addition to the forums and other interactive sections of Freeola.com, namely the new Did you know...? box.

This box will display some information on Freeola products (old and new) as well as some interesting facts about the company and forums you all love so much!

Expect to see new exciting and entertaining facts appear over the next few weeks!
Wed 07/01/09 at 16:50
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The more observant of you will have noticed a recent addition to the forums and other interactive sections of Freeola.com, namely the new Did you know...? box.

This box will display some information on Freeola products (old and new) as well as some interesting facts about the company and forums you all love so much!

Expect to see new exciting and entertaining facts appear over the next few weeks!
Wed 07/01/09 at 17:21
Regular
Did you know that McLong is by far and away the best staffie?

It's true!
Wed 07/01/09 at 18:33
"Are you sure?"
I like it :¬)
pb (£s) even gets a mention ;¬)

As far as I can tell there are only 10 'Did you knows...?' at the moment.

FWIW here are some of mine:

Did you know...?

Website hosting is fast and reliable and hosted in the UK - Good news for UK only web searches!

Support is UK based and can be contacted by phone, email and our forum...

If you are having problems getting started you will always find help on our forums.

Freeola monitor your domains and send registration renewal reminders to your nominated email address.

The MyFreeola control panel allows easy access to allow you to configure your email accounts, websites and more.

Freeola provide fast, reliable broadband connections and simple access to view your monthly ADSL usage.

You can easily Search the Freeola Chat forums! ;¬)

Feel free to add your favourite DYK?...
Wed 07/01/09 at 20:04
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Hmmm... wrote:
> FWIW here are some of mine:
>
> Did you know...?
>
> Website hosting is fast and reliable and hosted in the UK - Good
> news for UK only web searches!
>
> Support is UK based and can be contacted by phone, email and our
> forum...
>
> If you are having problems getting started you will always find
> help on our forums.
>
> Freeola monitor your domains and send registration renewal
> reminders to your nominated email address.
>
> The MyFreeola control panel allows easy access to allow you to
> configure your email accounts, websites and more.
>
> Freeola provide fast, reliable broadband connections and simple
> access to view your monthly ADSL usage.
>
> You can easily Search
> the Freeola Chat forums!
;¬)
>
>
> Feel free to add your favourite DYK?...

Thanks Hmmm, you've saved me a job for tomorrow :)
Wed 07/01/09 at 21:06
"possibly impossible"
Nice:

Did you know...

The name Freeola comes from the second letter of each of the 7 company founders (Afredo, Arron, Melkior, Bert, Tony, Alisha and Barney).

Freeola was originally devised during a game of ludo with Stephen Hawking, Charles Bronson and Peter Davison.

If you look closely at the background of the film Pretty Woman, when Julia Roberts first enters the penthouse apartment, you can see a small sticker saying 'Freeola' on the dresser mirror. This was part of a subliminal advertising campaign.

The Freeola forums host the worlds largest combined IQ on the internet (according to MENSA).

In a bid for the record books, the staff of Freeola created the world's biggest LAN cable. It was orange.

*Disclaimer:
These may not be true.
Wed 07/01/09 at 23:19
Regular
"Notable"
Did you know that yellow snow has more flavour than white?

And 20 less calories.
Thu 08/01/09 at 10:00
Regular
Thanks Hmmm, those may well come in handy ^_^
Thu 08/01/09 at 10:22
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Did you know that Freeola will crumble when jubbachainsaw leaves
Thu 08/01/09 at 11:27
"possibly impossible"
I think you should use mine :)
Thu 08/01/09 at 12:09
Regular
Free-Ola was the original name for the internet, created in 1979 by Anglo-Spanish Antonio Wetrobin as a method of sharing cheats for popular games such as Pong and Tennis on classic gaming systems.

The meaning of Free-Ola meant "free wave" indicating the ability to freely express yourself through wires.

Disclaimer: May not be true. Translation from Alta-Vista's Babel Fish

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.