GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beauty and the Beast"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/04/03 at 20:56
Regular
There's this story, it's not true, but in many ways it's already happened.

Because you see, once upon a time, there was a man, and there was a woman, and they were both in love.

And well, one day, this man came down with a disease, and started dying.

And the most painful thing for him, you see, wasn't that he was dying, but to have to watch his wife watch him die. And have to watch her cry every night.

So the man started trying his best to make her hate him, and at first it just made her want to care more for him, but eventually, he managed to push her away completely.

So she walked away, and well, she's happy now, and that's all that matters. There is beauty on this planet, not much, but there is beauty here. And what right do we have to try and trap that beauty for the simple reason that it makes us happy?

And that's what the man thinks about when he's lonely. That's what the man will say to himself when he's down.

We have no right to be selfish, when others simply are not happy.

With every breath he takes, he becomes a little closer to death.

And the greatest of gifts are never truly realised.

And there's no such thing as a happy ending.

Only pure realistation. Regret so pure, regret that burns so hard it kills you.

But we remain to be selfless.

I've never been one for enjoying guilt.
Fri 04/04/03 at 21:22
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Grix your words sound like those of Harry Dean Stanton at the end of Paris, Texas. Go buy it. It's long and a little slow but everything is engineered in such a way that the scene at the end is one of the most moving and heart-breakingly beautiful speeches I've ever seen.

Just remember that if you believe the Princess Bride, then Westley and Buttercup were truly in love. You could tell because they didn't say "I love you", they removed all notion of selfishness from the feeling by saying "As you wish". There love was true because it was entirely selfless. But it was also a fairytale. And real life isn't like that and can't be like that. I mean how many people wonder around saying "my name is Inigo Montoya!" and are friends with Giant Haystacks? It's horrible and bleak and depressing, but in reality no-one can be entirely selfless.
Fri 04/04/03 at 21:22
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> Tale as old as time...

You have NO idea how annoyed I am at the moment.

I want to download that song, but NO, stupid Celine Dion keeps singing it and not the teapot. I want the teapot, God damn it.
Fri 04/04/03 at 21:14
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Ri...gh...t... Grix who gave you the Happy pills :Z
Fri 04/04/03 at 21:05
Regular
Tale as old as time...
Fri 04/04/03 at 20:56
Regular
There's this story, it's not true, but in many ways it's already happened.

Because you see, once upon a time, there was a man, and there was a woman, and they were both in love.

And well, one day, this man came down with a disease, and started dying.

And the most painful thing for him, you see, wasn't that he was dying, but to have to watch his wife watch him die. And have to watch her cry every night.

So the man started trying his best to make her hate him, and at first it just made her want to care more for him, but eventually, he managed to push her away completely.

So she walked away, and well, she's happy now, and that's all that matters. There is beauty on this planet, not much, but there is beauty here. And what right do we have to try and trap that beauty for the simple reason that it makes us happy?

And that's what the man thinks about when he's lonely. That's what the man will say to himself when he's down.

We have no right to be selfish, when others simply are not happy.

With every breath he takes, he becomes a little closer to death.

And the greatest of gifts are never truly realised.

And there's no such thing as a happy ending.

Only pure realistation. Regret so pure, regret that burns so hard it kills you.

But we remain to be selfless.

I've never been one for enjoying guilt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.