GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beauty and the Beast"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/04/03 at 20:56
Regular
There's this story, it's not true, but in many ways it's already happened.

Because you see, once upon a time, there was a man, and there was a woman, and they were both in love.

And well, one day, this man came down with a disease, and started dying.

And the most painful thing for him, you see, wasn't that he was dying, but to have to watch his wife watch him die. And have to watch her cry every night.

So the man started trying his best to make her hate him, and at first it just made her want to care more for him, but eventually, he managed to push her away completely.

So she walked away, and well, she's happy now, and that's all that matters. There is beauty on this planet, not much, but there is beauty here. And what right do we have to try and trap that beauty for the simple reason that it makes us happy?

And that's what the man thinks about when he's lonely. That's what the man will say to himself when he's down.

We have no right to be selfish, when others simply are not happy.

With every breath he takes, he becomes a little closer to death.

And the greatest of gifts are never truly realised.

And there's no such thing as a happy ending.

Only pure realistation. Regret so pure, regret that burns so hard it kills you.

But we remain to be selfless.

I've never been one for enjoying guilt.
Sat 05/04/03 at 19:28
Regular
Hmmm, I don't want to believe that humanity is awful and I hate everyone. I'd just become a hermit again. I've been there, and well, it's not that nice.
Sat 05/04/03 at 18:49
"period drama"
Just stop thinking about things all the time .... how your actions affect others, if you've done the right thing or not.
Unless you've killed anyone, I doubt it matters.

You probably think too much.
Just remember that stuff happens, and that stuff's always gonna happen, whether what you did started it or not.

And it's alway nice to bear in mind (like me) that the world couldn't give two shags about what's happened to you.
People are gits.
Nice guys finish last.
Nothing is ever fair.
Sat 05/04/03 at 18:41
Regular
VenomByte wrote:
"For someone preaching selflessness, you don't half talk about yourself a lot :)"

Hehehe. :0D

It's more a case of desperately trying to be selfless, but well, that's a bit silly really. Good grief, I was wrong again. :0)

I'd say I am pretty selfless, but it's that I get rather guilty when I'm selfish. I'm trying to teach myself to be less guilty by swinging right to the edge of all the little rational-o-meters until I end up sitting back in the middle, nice and peaceful and comfortable.

Well, it's a kinda plan. I'm probably wrong again and it won't work, but all the time I'm getting closer to being a bit less desperate. I hope.

EEEE

Dear grief I'm a confusing person. I want to be someone else now, it'll be easier, I'm sure.

(Help.)
Sat 05/04/03 at 18:15
Regular
"smile, it's free"
For someone preaching selflessness, you don't half talk about yourself a lot :)
Fri 04/04/03 at 22:46
Regular
http://www.geocities.com/ mysticalmonkeyoflove/taleasoldastime.zip
Fri 04/04/03 at 21:59
Regular
Loovely
Fri 04/04/03 at 21:47
Regular
"¬_¬"
Soulseek has it. I ran a check.
Fri 04/04/03 at 21:39
Regular
Well, I did search for 'Paris, Paris'; which may explain it. :0)
Fri 04/04/03 at 21:31
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Look harder dammit :-)
http://www.playserver2.com/play247.asp (big gay space) ?page=title&r=R2&title=104882

It's not French by the way, nor is it poncy. And I want to tell you why the last scene is so beautiful but I don't want to spoil it either. It's only £7.99 you know...
Fri 04/04/03 at 21:27
Regular
Well, just searched play, couldn't find it... I'll keep my memory peeled, or at least, I'll try. :0)

Thanks. Seriously, that's the best advice I've been given in a long while. Thank you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.