GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You've Made Me A Fanboy!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/04/03 at 17:48
Regular
Until I joined these forums, I was an unbiased, gamer; I didn't put one console above another, I simply played games, if I didn't like one, I'd say so. But not anymore. Thanks to these forums, I've changed. I used to be happy, no arguments, no silly, juvenile comments about Bill Gates.

Before I joined, I was happy, I had some consoles, I enjoyed playing them, and no one cared. I had a PSX, and I liked it. I really enjoyed some of the games; Gran Turismo 2 is one of my all time favourites, whilst the series has gone downhill from then, it doesn't change my opinion of the 2nd game. Others consoles I had before I joined were the N64, a great console, even though it didn't have the most of releases, 2 Gameboys and the newly released GBA. The reason I joined in the first place? Simply to buy some GBA games.

I didn't want to join your forum, but I had a go, after buying two GBA games, I was happy, why shouldn't the local forumers be just as nice as my games? Well, they were, but along with them came a terrible price... fanboy-ism!

The moment I entered the Nintendo forum, the change into fanboy slowly took it's course.

I started just asking about games, and sometimes saying what I though of them, but them, I started to see the first few fanboy threads, warping my mind:

“Mario sunshine rules1!!”

“rare rule!”

“short & sweet is brilliant!”

“rare suck!!!”

These slowly, but surely, changed my opinion of everything; no longer was I an open minded gamer, the PS2 now sucked, the XBox was massive and the controllers were really bad and the GameCube was the only way to go!

The influence of you people has made me into a fanboy-crazy gamer!

The process was slow, but soon enough I had all the symptoms; telling my mates they have inferior consoles, daily prayer, asking the mighty GameCube to make my day nice, trying to buy every single exclusive title on the market and even bringing my GameCube around town, just to say I’ve got one!

Soon enough, I myself started to write topics praising Nintendo:

“Pikmin Is Amazing!”

“Playing With Monkeys Balls - And Enjoying It!”

“I Don’t Like Mario Sunshine - But It’s Better Than Any PS2 Game!!!”

Many more followed, some even more gruesome than the afore mentioned!

But now, I’m beginning to turn back into my open-minded, none-fanboy gaming self. First of all, I started saying what a though again - for once, not all GameCube games were amazing, some were ‘alright’. I’m actually considering buying an Xbox sometime soon, which is something I never thought I’d be saying to myself, but it’s true.

So, you may have turned me into a fanboy, but I will hopefully turn back, fully, and then exact my revenge.

Also, PS2 Sucks!!!1111

Thanks for reading

RiCkOsS
Thu 03/04/03 at 15:44
Regular
"Festivus!"
Make him a notable - He's oh so funny.
Thu 03/04/03 at 13:45
Regular
"Aoe Master"
and game cube thing was no jk <>
Thu 03/04/03 at 13:44
Regular
"Aoe Master"
to b onest it did > \

ps23l rile gamr cunb sucjnk bacd
Thu 03/04/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
And it did indeed make more sense.
Thu 03/04/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
DeMoN4LiFe wrote:

> ps2 doea not usc game cube is the worst with kiddy games on it mni t
> is bad xoz and ps2 rule get a life><

I will now atempt to write a sentence using only my face that will make more sense than that passage of "writing":

ghydjuhgv f n 7nugh iuy bt vbr v f umnehaiso q\O *

*Genuinely written with face.
Thu 03/04/03 at 13:39
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
DeMoN4LiFe wrote:

> ps2 doea not usc game cube is the worst with kiddy games on it mni t
> is bad xoz and ps2 rule get a life><

Please, ooh please let this have been a joke.
Thu 03/04/03 at 13:32
Regular
Lol!

I real life fanboy! Is it real?
Thu 03/04/03 at 13:25
Regular
"Aoe Master"
it should say game cube suc ps2 and xbox rule OK
Thu 03/04/03 at 13:24
Regular
"Aoe Master"
Or†ega wrote:
> AfroJoe wrote:
> I can't be a fanboy any more.
>
> I own everything. Bwah.
>
> But you can! it just gives you more authority to say PS2 sux!

ps2 doea not usc game cube is the worst with kiddy games on it mni t is bad xoz and ps2 rule get a life><
Thu 03/04/03 at 13:12
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> I can't be a fanboy any more.
>
> I own everything. Bwah.

But you can! it just gives you more authority to say PS2 sux!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.