GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You've Made Me A Fanboy!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/04/03 at 17:48
Regular
Until I joined these forums, I was an unbiased, gamer; I didn't put one console above another, I simply played games, if I didn't like one, I'd say so. But not anymore. Thanks to these forums, I've changed. I used to be happy, no arguments, no silly, juvenile comments about Bill Gates.

Before I joined, I was happy, I had some consoles, I enjoyed playing them, and no one cared. I had a PSX, and I liked it. I really enjoyed some of the games; Gran Turismo 2 is one of my all time favourites, whilst the series has gone downhill from then, it doesn't change my opinion of the 2nd game. Others consoles I had before I joined were the N64, a great console, even though it didn't have the most of releases, 2 Gameboys and the newly released GBA. The reason I joined in the first place? Simply to buy some GBA games.

I didn't want to join your forum, but I had a go, after buying two GBA games, I was happy, why shouldn't the local forumers be just as nice as my games? Well, they were, but along with them came a terrible price... fanboy-ism!

The moment I entered the Nintendo forum, the change into fanboy slowly took it's course.

I started just asking about games, and sometimes saying what I though of them, but them, I started to see the first few fanboy threads, warping my mind:

“Mario sunshine rules1!!”

“rare rule!”

“short & sweet is brilliant!”

“rare suck!!!”

These slowly, but surely, changed my opinion of everything; no longer was I an open minded gamer, the PS2 now sucked, the XBox was massive and the controllers were really bad and the GameCube was the only way to go!

The influence of you people has made me into a fanboy-crazy gamer!

The process was slow, but soon enough I had all the symptoms; telling my mates they have inferior consoles, daily prayer, asking the mighty GameCube to make my day nice, trying to buy every single exclusive title on the market and even bringing my GameCube around town, just to say I’ve got one!

Soon enough, I myself started to write topics praising Nintendo:

“Pikmin Is Amazing!”

“Playing With Monkeys Balls - And Enjoying It!”

“I Don’t Like Mario Sunshine - But It’s Better Than Any PS2 Game!!!”

Many more followed, some even more gruesome than the afore mentioned!

But now, I’m beginning to turn back into my open-minded, none-fanboy gaming self. First of all, I started saying what a though again - for once, not all GameCube games were amazing, some were ‘alright’. I’m actually considering buying an Xbox sometime soon, which is something I never thought I’d be saying to myself, but it’s true.

So, you may have turned me into a fanboy, but I will hopefully turn back, fully, and then exact my revenge.

Also, PS2 Sucks!!!1111

Thanks for reading

RiCkOsS
Thu 03/04/03 at 18:43
I am no longer a fanboy, just an average joe who likes all consoles...
Bet you thought that you would never hear me say that...
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:54
Regular
"Aoe Master"
$lik wrote:
> Rickoss wrote:
> To be fair, the PS2 do have some good games, just for me, they're
> too
> commercial, I like Nintendo because of their innovaton and the fact
> they're not scared to try something new. Look at Zelda. But as soon
> as
> someone's tried it out... Sly Racoon appears.
>
> I probably will get an XBox soon, solely for Halo, JSR:F and Rare
> games, all other multiformat and Nintendo games will be played on my
> Cube.
>
> thats exactly my point, allthough i still can;t see myself buying an
> xbox.
>
> slik ~_~]
]

now u got it that wat i say
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:54
Regular
"DS..."
well thats good then, in a way. :)

slik ~_~
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:53
Regular
"Aoe Master"
um i agree in a way
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:53
Regular
"DS..."
Rickoss wrote:
> To be fair, the PS2 do have some good games, just for me, they're too
> commercial, I like Nintendo because of their innovaton and the fact
> they're not scared to try something new. Look at Zelda. But as soon as
> someone's tried it out... Sly Racoon appears.
>
> I probably will get an XBox soon, solely for Halo, JSR:F and Rare
> games, all other multiformat and Nintendo games will be played on my
> Cube.

thats exactly my point, allthough i still can;t see myself buying an xbox.

slik ~_~
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:52
Regular
"DS..."
well basically I think it's what youve grown up with in your life, Demon, youve probably played PS for a lot of your life and so have been acustomed to them and because the xbox has similar games to the PS2 that has bee your obvious choice for the console that you play the most, But I have been playing games since I can remember and have grown up playing on both sega's and Nintendos consoles and because they are both similar in that they are both innovators and produce new and original games Nintendo and obviously the Gamecube and any other consoles that they release in the future has become my choice, just what your used to, it just boils down to whether or not you appreciate Nintendo or not in a way.

slik ~_~
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:51
Regular
To be fair, the PS2 do have some good games, just for me, they're too commercial, I like Nintendo because of their innovaton and the fact they're not scared to try something new. Look at Zelda. But as soon as someone's tried it out... Sly Racoon appears.

I probably will get an XBox soon, solely for Halo, JSR:F and Rare games, all other multiformat and Nintendo games will be played on my Cube.
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:46
Regular
"Aoe Master"
$lik wrote:
> DeMoN4LiFe wrote:
> $lik wrote:
> DeMoN4LiFe wrote:
>
> nope nitnedo suck man they make bad games halo rules and ps2 also
> has
> better games man <>
>
> A perfect example of typical Xbox fanboyism and a typical casual
> gamer, avaoid at all costs, it's too late for this one. *steps away
> promptly*
>
> slik ~_~\
>
>
> na i ave a gamecube but i dont like it i get it to my bro i ave a
> ps2
> and xbox? i prefare them u may prefare game cube

yer isopose they can make the ok game but ps2 ave more or less the same games as gamcube apart rom the odd few ><
>
> fair enough, but come on, saying that Nintendo make bad games is like
> saying the moon is irradecent pink, just not true.
>
> slik ~_~
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:46
Regular
Of course you do.... ;-)

Fanboyism #23 Lying
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:45
Regular
"DS..."
DeMoN4LiFe wrote:
> $lik wrote:
> DeMoN4LiFe wrote:
>
> nope nitnedo suck man they make bad games halo rules and ps2 also
> has
> better games man <>
>
> A perfect example of typical Xbox fanboyism and a typical casual
> gamer, avaoid at all costs, it's too late for this one. *steps away
> promptly*
>
> slik ~_~\
>
>
> na i ave a gamecube but i dont like it i get it to my bro i ave a ps2
> and xbox? i prefare them u may prefare game cube

fair enough, but come on, saying that Nintendo make bad games is like saying the moon is irradecent pink, just not true.

slik ~_~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.