GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turkey: They ain't all that"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/04/03 at 12:50
Regular
But Turkey are good now!!!

I've heard it said, but really, I haven't seen the evidence.

They managed to qualify for the world cup, via the play-offs I believe, coming second to Sweden in the group stage.

When they got to the World Cup, what did they achieve? Well, they were third!

But who did they play?

Brazil, lost to twice.
Costa Rica - Drew With.
Japan - beat
Senegal -Beat
Korea - Beat.

They beat Japan, Senegal (after extra-time) and South Korea.

*slow handclap*

Yeah, well done Turkey!

But now they're realy good! They're top of the qualifying group!!!

Two impressive home wins, yes. Slovakia and Liechtenstein. 8 goals. Not bad, but again, hardly world-class opposition.

Their other points came in an away game, beating Macedonia 2-1, after trailing 1-0.

So if we lose to Turkey today, or even if we draw, but are unconvincing, then it will be a terrible result.

Don't believe the hype, Turkey aren't all that just yet.

But then again, neither are England.
Thu 03/04/03 at 11:08
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Like I said, 2-0.

Vassell!!!

Barry for England!!!
Wed 02/04/03 at 20:12
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hasan Sas
Hakan Sukur
Umit Davala
Belozogul Emre
Abdullah
Recober Rustu
Alpay
Tugay
Basturk

Not a quality side? With all those players? Hmmm.
Wed 02/04/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Mr Lover Man wrote:

> And just look at the performance they made on Saturday!

We won the game in a comfortable manner, and did not need to work their socks off to get more goals, otherwise we would be a very tired side against a lively Turkish side who never played on Saturday.
Wed 02/04/03 at 18:06
Regular
turkey aren't very good there best players are, Emre, Rustu, Basturk and thats about it.

Hakan Sas was crap in the world cup as was El hadji Diouf (who was amazing in the african nations) but both got sucked upto both, were heavily over rated in the World Cup. The fact that they consider Alpay and Tugay as two of their best players shows there inferiority as neither shine at midtale clubs. They worship Suker but i dont see him as much of a threat (and he is injured) and so that leaves them with this "German" bloke up front who i won't comment on as i don't know much about him. As far as i am concerned he is the only real unknown factor, to be afraid of and even so our defence is extremely good. Out of there whole squad only Rustu would get into the england team and Basturk might make the squad with Sas making up the numbers upfront.

Personally i would be very embaressed if we lost and would not be surprised if Sven isn't in charge next match if we do lose
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:12
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The Turks had an easy way to 3rd at the world cup- they got lucky. 2-1 England. Goals from Rooney and Owen. turkey get one through Tugay. That'll have crappy odds, but I think it'll happen.
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:39
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Foreman wrote:

> And we have Gerrard, Beckham and Scoles who should dominate the
> Midfield area.

And just look at the performance they made on Saturday!
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:17
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I fear Hakan Sas: he's a world class player. The Turks will undoubtably play the better football but the indominatable bulldog spirit will get us a draw. If Rooney starts I'd be pleasantly surprised.
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:05
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I think England will win it, but I believe it will be a nervy performance. I think we will go 2 – 0 up but they will score with about 30 mins to go, it will then be a match like the England Argentina world cup game.
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ortega said it.
Wed 02/04/03 at 14:55
Regular
"Proud PS2+GC Owner"
We will win 3-2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.