GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA Games"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/04/03 at 12:01
Regular
Looking at my GBA collection, most of the games I have are rather immersive games such as Zelda and RPGs.

If any one could recommend some good pick up and play games I would be grateful. I've Sonic Advance 1&2 but thats about it, and I'm planning on getting Advance Wars.
Tue 01/04/03 at 12:01
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Looking at my GBA collection, most of the games I have are rather immersive games such as Zelda and RPGs.

If any one could recommend some good pick up and play games I would be grateful. I've Sonic Advance 1&2 but thats about it, and I'm planning on getting Advance Wars.
Tue 01/04/03 at 12:12
Regular
Super Marrrrrrio World.
Oh yes.
Tue 01/04/03 at 12:13
"Uzi Lover"
Mario Kart?
Tue 01/04/03 at 12:21
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Mario Kart?

Played it on link up with a friend and wasn't impressed.

Might the Super Mario Games though.....
Tue 01/04/03 at 12:25
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Not sure about "pick up and play", but I highly recommend Broken Sword. It's not as good as the PC or PSone versions, but it's a darn good adventure.
Tue 01/04/03 at 12:29
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I've got that on the PS1. Is it the same game?
Tue 01/04/03 at 12:32
Regular
"Long time no see!"
That Go-Go Beckham game's actually supposed to be quite good, for a platformer with a big-name license.

Might be worth it if you like your platformers...
Tue 01/04/03 at 12:32
"Uzi Lover"
I think the Sonic Advance games (which you own already) are the best pick up and play games on the format.

If you like beat-em-ups Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper is a good bet.

Virtua Tennis should be good pick up and play if you like arcade Tennis games.

If you like Tony Hawks games then the GBA versions are extremely good and offer a fresh exprience from the 3D one. Really impressive engine.

Super Monkey Ball jr has the one player mode like the Cube version and the mini games. The mini games are great for pick up and play.

Finally, MegaMan & Bass is a great platformer for pick up and play. Offers challenge at the same time aswell. Really good.
Tue 01/04/03 at 12:37
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Rosalind wrote:
> I've got that on the PS1. Is it the same game?

Yup, it is better on the PC and PS1 due to it having the fantastic speech and the obvious graphical advantages, so as you own it already, don't bother with the GBA version (though it's a good game to take on a long journey).
Tue 01/04/03 at 12:41
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
For pick up and play value get a quality shooter like Gradius.

Advance wars is the best game on the GBA (not played/got zelda yet), so get that anyway - you can play for 5 minutes or 5 hours and it'll last forever, roll on AW2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.