GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want to buy a domain at getdotted.com..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/04/03 at 11:45
Regular
...but I understand you need either a freeola dialup or freeola broadband account to be able to upload to it. Since I have NTL cable there is no possibility of me being able to use either - is there a way that I can upload to freeola from outside the SR network? Can it be done?
Fri 04/04/03 at 23:34
Regular
"bing bang bong"
While I have no direct experience of it, Freeola ADSL is pushed as a premium ADSL service - this means it should rock at least as much as any other ADSL connection. This means "yes".
Fri 04/04/03 at 18:37
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Miserableman wrote:
> If I had ADSL, I would seriously consider freeolas ADSL pack, which is
> pricey but I'll wager it's rock solid. But I don't so I can't,
> although I might later in the year :o

On the subject of freeola ADSL, is it any good for gaming?
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:39
Regular
"bing bang bong"
It does say, but I didn't know when I bought the domain, which ironically was at a time when I was a modem user. By the time I got around to using the bleeding site I had upgraded to NTL cable, which screwed over my ability to use it.

If I had ADSL, I would seriously consider freeolas ADSL pack, which is pricey but I'll wager it's rock solid. But I don't so I can't, although I might later in the year :o

I have my domain now, so watch out for great things hitting the web any time now!!@!@!211n22
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:28
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Fair enough. But it doesn't say only, easily misread.
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:24
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It does...

I look down the front page and I see this:

You can host your domain and connect to your e-mails and web space with either of our access packages:

blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:13
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Miserableman wrote:
> The point is it lacks convenience

I won't and can't deny that it's inconvenient.

Miserableman wrote:
> And I'm not in any way bitter that the first time I found out about
> this upload restriction I was unable to utilise a domain I bought for
> someones birthday, no sir..

I agree it could definately be advertised better. I too only found out about it after buying mine. Infact, does it actually state anywhere that there is this restriction ?
Thu 03/04/03 at 10:27
Regular
All this may be true but there is another thing to consider. What if, for whatever reason, you decide later to transfer your domain

I asked for my domain to be transferrred in early February. It is still in limbo.

Freeola cashed my cheque and closed my Freeola site immediately but did not transfer it. When I complained they returned the transfer form pointing out that I had not entered a credit card number. Even now, having written another complaint (and just to pander, written the cashed cheque number next to the credit card no box) nothing has been done.

If you have a complaint - write to the company not a buletin board. But if writing twice does not work, what else can one do ? I suppose the next step is the small claims court
Wed 02/04/03 at 18:36
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
All the witty comments!

Noooooooooooooo!
Wed 02/04/03 at 18:10
"www.Freeola.info"
Miserableman wrote:
> Does he insist on wearing a helmet and full body armour during staff
> football matches?

No, but I am starting to get worried about friendly fire...
Wed 02/04/03 at 18:02
Regular
"bing bang bong"
freeola-moderator wrote:
> We do have one Anerican working for us though, but don't hold that
> against him.
>
> We have almost got him civilised, he even drinks tea now.
>
> Propper hot tea, with milk and sugar. Not cold and in a glass with ice
> and lemon.

Does he insist on wearing a helmet and full body armour during staff football matches?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.