GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where does it go from PSO ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/01/01 at 16:37
Regular
With Phantasy Star Online coming out in the next few weeks, yet another barrier is about to be broken in the console world.

I can't help but wonder what the future holds in as little as the next couple of years. No doubt with this idea, other companies will try to improve and expand the idea of online RPG's.

Just imagine the kind of things we could see in the near future in this kind of genre. Maybe its only a matter of time before a console comes out that can handle a whole RPG world with hundreds or thousands of players all playing and interacting at once !
A world so detailed that towns have buildings such as bars where players can go to chat to other players, making this the next step up from a chat room like the ones we use now on our internet.

Think back to the time of Street Fighter 2 and look at the beat em ups we play now ! It doesn't take long for big steps to be made in the games world.
Its exciting to think of the games we could be playing in say 5 years time ! Imagine the topics coming up on this board by then ;-))

Wed 24/01/01 at 16:04
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Savatt1688? Asked:

>Where does it go from PSO?

The Game: PSO2?

Tue 23/01/01 at 20:59
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I've been playing more PSO today :-)
Some of the little contracts are getting weird lol
When you start playing - wait till you see what you have to go through to get a bloody cake ! ;-) No doubt your confused now, but trust me, it'll all make sense in a few weeks time :-)

Now that i'm getting a little further into the games i'm starting to see the better weapons my character can have too :-)
love using my swords and daggers ;-)) Actually the swords look very er - Jedi lol ;-) They're pretty much light sabers - they even sound like them.

My character looks pretty cool too ;-) If i have to start again in a few weeks, at least i'll know what i want my character to look like and how to fight properly - i'm getting over the learning part now, i've become a pretty good fighter ;-p

Mon 22/01/01 at 21:25
Nice one mate!!

I bet you're on cloud PSO!!

Well done!

I have to say that I've been thoroughly impressed with Le Mans 24 - finally a game from Infogrames that looks and plays better than the much hyped (and brilliant) MSR by bizarre creations.

The visuals are superb - read my review if you like - its on the site (2morrow - its on 2morrow..der...)

Anyways keep playing!
Mon 22/01/01 at 20:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Guess what i've been playing today guys - thats right ! PSO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine got hold of it on import and it had the option for english language :-)

I'll start by saying its the dogs short and rounds !!!
I've done a few quests in 1 player so far and my character is doing pretty well :-)

It doesn't take long to get to grips with - even when you can't read the manual. As for meka's question on the number of quests, i think there are more to download.
When i created my character who comes under a close combat hunter type, i found that i had to goto this desk place and get contracts (which are the quests). There were like 4 to choose from and after that it said "download quests". So i'm guessing that puts you online for more.

I haven't gone online with it cause i wanna wait till i have my own game and do it on feb 9th. Plus i don't wanna get too into my character and find out i have to start again on feb 9th :-) It'll kinda ruin the experience a little if i've done some quests before, so for now i'm sticking to the 1 player.
If i can use the data saved on my VMU it'll be great to carry on and have a good first night online :-)

It takes up 45 blocks on your VMU by the way (thats without knowing about any additional stuff online). Make sure you have the memory free guys - it doesn't seem to let you play without it !

I'm not gonna talk about the little quests i've done cause i don't wanna ruin it for you, but they are fun :-)
My friend not being too great at games has even let me bring it home to play :-)

If anyone has any questions i'll do my best to answer them :-) Just remember i'm waiting for the online stuff so no internet questions ;-)

Mon 22/01/01 at 13:49
You'll just have to get the game I guess!
Mon 22/01/01 at 09:26
Regular
"not dead"
Back to the topic....

In an online RPG is this a possible scenario:

You hear that a dragon has captured a young lady, so you head to it's cave in order to save her.

On the way in, you see a bunch of other players coming out, having already rescued the lady, and defeated the dragon.

If so, will the quests run out, in time, or will new ones constantly be added to the online part of the game?

md
Sun 21/01/01 at 22:11
It's got great handling also - and more than just one track and one car - it's better than MSR.

As for...Q3A I'll be writing a letter to someone - can't play tonight sorry!
Sun 21/01/01 at 21:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'll have to pick up that Le mans 24 hour :-)
Think i'll play some Quake 3 online tonight ;-) Won't be on till like midnight or thereabouts though lol

Sun 21/01/01 at 21:15
Well I will be selling R2R2 as I need a new TV and have to pay for a PC. But Le Mans is awesome - how can such an incredible looking title be overlooked?

Sun 21/01/01 at 20:44
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think you'll enjoy Ready 2 Rumble 2 :-)
Play as LuLu Valentine on valentines day ;-) Trust me on this one ;-)

Unless you wanna mess around with your dreamcast clock you'll have to wait a couple of weeks though ;-)

Unreal Tournament is another on my wants list :-)
Especially if its gonna be 8 player like the mags are saying ! :-))

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.