GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Future of Gaming."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/01/01 at 18:47
Regular
Once Nintendo and Microsoft reveal their future consoles, everyone becomes so hyped up about them or sometimes they just think it's a rip-off. The Future of Gaming has had nothing big like when the whole gaming scene came together. We are just having one big console war between 5 companies trying to make people reach into their pockets to purchase their consoles and make money.

We need a little technology push from somewhere a Mario 64 everywhere to make the first 4D platformer or to make the best puzzle game ever since Tetris.
All we have is a better technology that makes better graphics, there's no quality that the old titles every had.
Zelda Ocarina of Time was one of the many one perfect games that showed off the power of the N64, Metal Gear showed a whole new way of shoot em' up.

What gaming needs is more than console wars or graphical visabilty, we need all of them to make the proper future of gaming.
Sat 20/01/01 at 18:47
Regular
Once Nintendo and Microsoft reveal their future consoles, everyone becomes so hyped up about them or sometimes they just think it's a rip-off. The Future of Gaming has had nothing big like when the whole gaming scene came together. We are just having one big console war between 5 companies trying to make people reach into their pockets to purchase their consoles and make money.

We need a little technology push from somewhere a Mario 64 everywhere to make the first 4D platformer or to make the best puzzle game ever since Tetris.
All we have is a better technology that makes better graphics, there's no quality that the old titles every had.
Zelda Ocarina of Time was one of the many one perfect games that showed off the power of the N64, Metal Gear showed a whole new way of shoot em' up.

What gaming needs is more than console wars or graphical visabilty, we need all of them to make the proper future of gaming.
Sat 20/01/01 at 19:02
Regular
well, one thing new consoles will bring, will be the abilitly to fit more wrestlers in the ring in wwf games. i know royal rumble on dc already does this, but that game is s--t
Sat 20/01/01 at 19:39
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I know what you mean sniper, I was looking trough a NOM mag yesterday and I saw a sin and punishment review/preview. I looked at the game and all I could see behind the new charachters was a Jet Force Gemini engine.

Now I know the game was Nintendo produced but it gives more people more time to realise that the actual gaming isn't getting much better! Graphics are going off the scale but the 'gameplay' and 'New Game Ideas' parties aren't going too well!

If S&P comes out here, compare the targetting and Movements to JFG. The similarity will be astounding!

The Game
Sat 20/01/01 at 19:52
Regular
Your right game.
Sat 20/01/01 at 19:56
I agree
What game should I get for my gameaday?
Sat 20/01/01 at 19:59
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Phantasy Star Online? Or you could wait a little while longer for the superb Skies Of Arcadia.

-- Steve --
Sat 20/01/01 at 20:03
I emailed Ali, asking if I could have House of the Dead and the Gun - I doubt it so I said I'd have PSO instead.

Sat 20/01/01 at 20:04
Regular
It's more than 60 quid? Then no, SR wouldn't really like that.
Sat 20/01/01 at 20:12
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
When the transition from 2d to 3d came there was an obvious increase in technology. Now It's hard to tell the difference between some PS2 and PSx games! We really need a leap forwards. The next step...

SonicRav
Sat 20/01/01 at 22:36
Regular
Any thoughts on this, anything sane to say.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.