GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starfox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'StarFox 64'.
Sun 31/07/05 at 00:23
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Put Lylat Wars out the other day, and have been playing it quite a bit. It's a great game! Not really played too much of it before.

So what's the new one like on GameCube? The on foot levels worry me. I want my on-rails shooter!! Played Panza Dragoon Orta not too long ago, and thought that was great, and now Lylat Wars, and that's superb, so is there still lots of on-rails shooting levels in the new one?

:)
Sun 31/07/05 at 19:50
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
There isn't one of those one the Isle of Wight...

Although I am going up to London next Sunday for a few days, so maybe I'll have a browse round those parts...
Sun 31/07/05 at 16:34
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Try StationGame, (spelt the other way round. Look, I'm cleaver and trying not to advertise!!) :S

Sure you can find it there on a 4 for £20 offer at the moment.

Sun 31/07/05 at 16:33
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
gimo80 wrote:
> This is the exact same thing that happened with Rogue Squadron 3 -
> did too many things at once, creating multiple genres - it all ends
> up a mess, and the whole game to be boring. And then Factor 5 stopped
> making games for the GC because the game didn't sell very well - how
> rude.

Talking of Rogue Squadron 3, I can't find it anywhere... Regardless of how crap some parts of it may be, I still want to play RS2 in 2 player co-op and fight a super star destroyer... I searched on Ebay, but only found copies of RS2... and a few of RS1 for the N64...
Sun 31/07/05 at 16:15
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Dead Spiders wrote:
> Cooky wrote:
> What's the ratio of on-rails to on-foot levels?
>
>
> 2.375 : 1
>
> It's Cooky! How's life matey?

Pretty great. Jobs going well, I'm alive....

> Did anything happen with that girl you began to tell me about?

Yup, things seem to be going pretty well. Amazing to find a lass with a lot in common in this day and age. She's nice to. Don't think she's crazed like the last. And she looks like a cross between Eliza Dushku and Keira Knightly which ain't bad!

> I'm plugging away at the project now. It's hideous - I don't seem to
> be able to get anywhere. I have a big plan, but no real content.

As is the downside to most schemes to try to take over the world!

> I'm convinced there's a lot of potential here, but I really have to
> tap into it now, and that's proving difficult.

Try a hammer!

> Speaking of which, I'd probably better get back to it :'^(
>
> Byeee

Chao

Sun 31/07/05 at 13:49
Regular
I couldn't give you an exact ratio without playing through it again, but there aren't many compared to the rest...
Sun 31/07/05 at 12:33
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> What's the ratio of on-rails to on-foot levels?

2.375 : 1

It's Cooky! How's life matey?
Did anything happen with that girl you began to tell me about?

I'm plugging away at the project now. It's hideous - I don't seem to be able to get anywhere. I have a big plan, but no real content.

I'm convinced there's a lot of potential here, but I really have to tap into it now, and that's proving difficult.

Speaking of which, I'd probably better get back to it :'^(

Byeee
Sun 31/07/05 at 11:21
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Namco tried to be too clever. And at that, they ultimately failed, however the flying sections are still amazing.

This is the exact same thing that happened with Rogue Squadron 3 - did too many things at once, creating multiple genres - it all ends up a mess, and the whole game to be boring. And then Factor 5 stopped making games for the GC because the game didn't sell very well - how rude.
Sun 31/07/05 at 11:13
Regular
Starfox Adventures is mostly foot levels and Assault has SPace levels but also tank level and footlevels. Each proceeding in order from great to horrible. This game would only really be worth full price if it was full sky battles, SNES styleeeeee.
Sun 31/07/05 at 08:16
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
What's the ratio of on-rails to on-foot levels?

Sun 31/07/05 at 00:25
Regular
There are onrails levels...

If you want to try this - get it at Players Choice price or below. Definately not worth its R.R.P.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.