GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Erm...Advice Needed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/03/03 at 22:35
Regular
Okay, basically, over the past few weeks I've been getting loads of headaches when I used to have now.

Also, and more worryingly, I get these strange 'rushes' just above my eyes, stretching across my whole forehead. It's the only way I can describe it...I had a really bad headache this morning which caused me to miss school - I could hardly move my head without it really hurting, and these 'rushes' across my forehead mean I have to turn away from a screen when I'm looking at one, or just close my eyes and rub my head for a few seconds.

The rushes started with the headaches I think - which is also when I was a bit ill. Then they seemed to go for for a couple of weeks, and then I was ill yesterday and most of today with fluey syptoms (sp?) and the rushes have come back.

They seem to be worse occasionally when I get up just to walk around, when I walk into a light room...like tonight, I went out and when I came back I was dropped off outside my house, so I went from the dark into a bright lounge. And sometimes, these rushes come whenever. It seems to be worse when I think about it, but I don't think it's a psychological problem.

People have said it could be lack of sleep (I get about 7 hours a night), eyesight problems (but apparently my eyesight is fine), it could be viral and someone has even said it could be to do with blood pressure...thing is, I'm feeling a bit better now, so thesr rushes might just go altogether like they did before.

erm...so sorry to drag on, but has anyone experienced anything like it? Think I should see a doctor?

Thanks, Ant.
Tue 25/03/03 at 17:55
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
See a doctor. Advice here is gonna be too ranged.
Tue 25/03/03 at 17:37
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Other times, I've become hyper-sensitive to light

I get that all the time, but then my eyes are utterly munted, I frequently get headaches and migranes and I don't get regular sleep so I'm not really surprised.

I'm used to it now, I just take too many pills, and threaten to kill anyone who turns lights on.
Tue 25/03/03 at 17:13
Regular
"I like cheese"
Cheers for advice dudes, it feels a bit better today so it might be just something to do with the couple of illnesses I've had over the past couple of weeks.

However, I'm gonna make it easier on my eyes (more lights on with playing, less staring at monitor for too long) and I'm also gonna get more sleep. If it continues for the next few days, I go to doctors.

Thanks again peeps, big up all of you. {:)
Tue 25/03/03 at 17:09
Regular
"One More Chance"
I’m afraid that brain is going to have to come out*

*A lie.
Tue 25/03/03 at 10:15
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Only thing for it Ant is to go see the Doctor.

Sounds to me like it might be migraine - trouble is none of us are qualified to give you the correct advice though.

I suffer from Migraines just like the hairy ones does, though I manage to control them nowadays because I know generally what causes them. For me it is either tiredness or certain foods that bring them on, the only ones I get nowadays are caused through tiredness.

I get some wonderful tablets on prescription - they are called Imigran and knock out any Migraine - however bad within about 30 minutes - You should try and get some Wookie. they are prescription only and some doctors don't like prescribing them because of the cost - the cost to the NHS is £8.00 per tablet and they only give me 6 at a time - but they work wonders...
Tue 25/03/03 at 00:03
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Ant, it might be worth getting a secomd opinion on your eyesight. I had the very same syptoms as you a while back, including the flu-like stuff and I went to the opticians to get my eyesight checked. I was told it was fine. The stmptons went on so I went to the doctor and he said it could be a combination of eye strain (headaches resulting) and the headaches were causing my immune system to run down, bringing on the flu-like symptons. I got my eyesight checked by a different optician and it turned out I needed glasses using the pc, watching telly etc. Within days the headaches had stopped and I've been fine since.
Mon 24/03/03 at 23:49
"High polygon count"
Ant wrote:
> Okay, basically, over the past few weeks I've been getting loads of
> headaches

Could be migraines.

They affect everyone differently, but most people get a severe headache, affected vision, sickness, and so on.

I've suffered from migraines for years now, and when they're bad, they're REALLY bad. My pain is usually in the back of my head, and/or my neck - I always *feel* sick, and quite often am.

I've had numerous forms of vision problems with them, too - worst of all was what I can only describe as 'inverted tunnel vision' - I could see everything in my peripheral vision, but not what I was actually looking at; not ideal when your only way of getting home is a 15-minute bicycle ride!

Other times, I've become hyper-sensitive to light - once it got so bad that my parents called out the doctor thinking I might have meningitis.

And then I might just have the pain and nothing else.

For me personally, they've lasted anywhere from 3 hours to 48 hours, and depending on the severity they can leave me feeling ill for days after the pain has actually gone.

If you don't already know, ask your parents if either of them have ever suffered from migraines, as some believe it could be a hereditary problem. My dad suffered migraines when he was younger, and still does - although as he's got older, the effects have become far less severe, and his now only last for 30 minutes or so.

Get to the doctors, explain the symptoms, and see what they say.
Mon 24/03/03 at 23:47
"High polygon count"
locky1133 wrote:
> Just wondering, anyone got any advice for my medical problem? I'm
> always tired?

You're a lazy git!

:-)

Seriously, though - could be under-active thyroid.
Mon 24/03/03 at 23:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Bed - The source and solution of all of lifes problems.
Mon 24/03/03 at 23:06
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Just wondering, anyone got any advice for my medical problem? I'm always tired? I don't know why. Staying up late and chatting on SR isn't the cause:) Maybe it's 'cos I'm not motivated so my body feigns tiredness?

?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.