GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Erm...Advice Needed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/03/03 at 22:35
Regular
Okay, basically, over the past few weeks I've been getting loads of headaches when I used to have now.

Also, and more worryingly, I get these strange 'rushes' just above my eyes, stretching across my whole forehead. It's the only way I can describe it...I had a really bad headache this morning which caused me to miss school - I could hardly move my head without it really hurting, and these 'rushes' across my forehead mean I have to turn away from a screen when I'm looking at one, or just close my eyes and rub my head for a few seconds.

The rushes started with the headaches I think - which is also when I was a bit ill. Then they seemed to go for for a couple of weeks, and then I was ill yesterday and most of today with fluey syptoms (sp?) and the rushes have come back.

They seem to be worse occasionally when I get up just to walk around, when I walk into a light room...like tonight, I went out and when I came back I was dropped off outside my house, so I went from the dark into a bright lounge. And sometimes, these rushes come whenever. It seems to be worse when I think about it, but I don't think it's a psychological problem.

People have said it could be lack of sleep (I get about 7 hours a night), eyesight problems (but apparently my eyesight is fine), it could be viral and someone has even said it could be to do with blood pressure...thing is, I'm feeling a bit better now, so thesr rushes might just go altogether like they did before.

erm...so sorry to drag on, but has anyone experienced anything like it? Think I should see a doctor?

Thanks, Ant.
Mon 24/03/03 at 22:35
Regular
"I like cheese"
Okay, basically, over the past few weeks I've been getting loads of headaches when I used to have now.

Also, and more worryingly, I get these strange 'rushes' just above my eyes, stretching across my whole forehead. It's the only way I can describe it...I had a really bad headache this morning which caused me to miss school - I could hardly move my head without it really hurting, and these 'rushes' across my forehead mean I have to turn away from a screen when I'm looking at one, or just close my eyes and rub my head for a few seconds.

The rushes started with the headaches I think - which is also when I was a bit ill. Then they seemed to go for for a couple of weeks, and then I was ill yesterday and most of today with fluey syptoms (sp?) and the rushes have come back.

They seem to be worse occasionally when I get up just to walk around, when I walk into a light room...like tonight, I went out and when I came back I was dropped off outside my house, so I went from the dark into a bright lounge. And sometimes, these rushes come whenever. It seems to be worse when I think about it, but I don't think it's a psychological problem.

People have said it could be lack of sleep (I get about 7 hours a night), eyesight problems (but apparently my eyesight is fine), it could be viral and someone has even said it could be to do with blood pressure...thing is, I'm feeling a bit better now, so thesr rushes might just go altogether like they did before.

erm...so sorry to drag on, but has anyone experienced anything like it? Think I should see a doctor?

Thanks, Ant.
Mon 24/03/03 at 22:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Lack of sleep can lead to dizziness and stuff like that. Over-use of monitors can damage your eyes too - try and site back a little bit. Do you wear glasses? Maybe you should get your eyes checked.
Mon 24/03/03 at 22:39
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Ant i suffer from a medicaly diagnosed problem, my resting HR is to low, so if i make a move after resting for a period of time, i go temporarily blind (all i see is rushes of purple waves) and i have been know to faint once or twice. it also can cause headaches, it does sound similar to what you have. Well i hope you feel better.
Mon 24/03/03 at 22:39
Regular
"Omnipresent"
See a doctor. Women see them about all manner of things, and they don't mind. That's what they're there for. Go to a doctor and don't worry. We men don't go to see them as often as we should, but that's because pride stops us. Pride can kill you, so drop that abstarct notion and go.
Mon 24/03/03 at 22:43
Regular
"I like cheese"
Garlic Bread!? wrote:
> Ant i suffer from a medicaly diagnosed problem, my resting HR is to
> low, so if i make a move after resting for a period of time, i go
> temporarily blind (all i see is rushes of purple waves) and i have
> been know to faint once or twice. it also can cause headaches, it does
> sound similar to what you have. Well i hope you feel better.

Yeah, Rich told me about that tonight - it;s nothing as bad as that, but yeah, I think it's worth getting checked out. Cheers dudes, and see ya tomorrow Sam.
Mon 24/03/03 at 22:52
Regular
Drinking more water might help.

Dehydration could be a pain in this warmer weather.
Mon 24/03/03 at 23:03
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Take an aspirin? That always solvers headache problems for me.

Or you've got the too much wrestling problem
Too much monitor
Tiredness
Getting up too quickly
Staring at the bright colours on Mario too much
Getting up too quickly

5 of those were true for me.

I got some really bad heaaches, in the temple of my head everytime my heart beats, I just get a sharp pain there. I just slept loads and it went.

Too much monitor can jst make you dizzy and just make you feel all lightheaded.

Getting up too quickly causes headrushes for me, when I've been slouched for a long time and I jump up I get all dizzy and in some cases I loose my bearings completely and just ollapse.

Mario is a problem, those damn bright colours really did my head in, exspecially when you've been staring at this amazingly bright green level for coming onto 2 hours!

7 hours a night is nothing. I can sleep from 11pm to 12pm if I try hard enough! On an average school night I get about 8.5 hours sleep and that's enough for me to survive.

Sleep
Breaks
Aspirin
Loud Drums
More Sleep

Just have a massive lay in at the weekend. Goto bed early and get up late! You'll love it!
Mon 24/03/03 at 23:06
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Just wondering, anyone got any advice for my medical problem? I'm always tired? I don't know why. Staying up late and chatting on SR isn't the cause:) Maybe it's 'cos I'm not motivated so my body feigns tiredness?

?
Mon 24/03/03 at 23:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Bed - The source and solution of all of lifes problems.
Mon 24/03/03 at 23:47
"High polygon count"
locky1133 wrote:
> Just wondering, anyone got any advice for my medical problem? I'm
> always tired?

You're a lazy git!

:-)

Seriously, though - could be under-active thyroid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.